I just registered because Jiri's post helped me to finally get this game working after days of trial and error. I even got the sound to work properly! So maybe this will help anyone with the same problems. I think it isnt allowed to attach the needed files, so i will just link all the sources where these can be obtained. If this is against the rules too, please tell me. I will remove anything problematic then. I am running Windows 10 64bit.
0. Get the necessary files, see sources below. I would post a link with my collected files, but i think this would be against the rules.
1. Replace the MartinMystère.exe file in the game folder with the fixed one.
2. Set the compatability options in the preferences of the EXE-file. Set it to "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" and check the box to "execute as administrator".
3. Copy the DLL-files "d3drm.dll", "APmpg4v1.dll" and "MPG4C32.dll" to the folders "C:/Windows/System32" and "C:/Windows/SysWOW64" (the folder SysWOW64 only exists in 64bit systems, so skip that if you run a 32bit OS. If the files are already there you dont need to overwrite).
4. Execute the file "MPEG4 (x32).reg" or "MPEG4 (x64).reg" according to your system type. If you have a 64bit system, choose the one with x64 in the name. This will register the DLL-files in the registry.
5. Play the game.
6. If you have a problem with the speech/dialougue/audio in game, meaning it will cut out after the beginning of longer sentences (audio stops playing), then overwrite the MP3-files located in the game folder under "..Media\Dialoghi\Mp3" with the fixed ones. (I converted these with variable bitrate and it somehow fixed the problem for me. Not sure why it works, i played around with several conversion settings and found a working method by trial and error.)
1. I think it doesnt matter what version you will use. Search on archive.org, if you need an image.
Now for fixing the game to make it run + fixing the audio..
2. "APmpg4v1.dll" and "MPG4C32.dll" can be obtained here (key for the mega-folder is "yVuKMpTrk2NjEd9fu5NB5g", subfolder is "MARTINM", download "MMFIX.zip"): https://web.archive.org/web/20210319125810/ht … ne-dorian-gray/
3. For the "d3drm.dll" you can check this thread for info (i used the link in the 10th post, dlldump.com/.. ): http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US … 92-c55fe278808d
4. For fixing the audio you have to convert the MP3s with the settings shown in the attached image and then replace the original ones. Make a backup first, in case it doesnt work. I used AIMP with the included AudioConverter: https://www.aimp.ru/?do=features
Good luck! Big thanks to Jiri!