VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Opaque79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Since I've been playing around with Glidos again recently, it's a bit of a pain that the program is locked to 24Hz on a 4k TV regardless of what is selected in the windows settings.

Any ideas?

Reply 3 of 7, by Opaque79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Glidos wrote on 2023-02-24, 10:17:

If you check "inhibit mode change" then Glidos wont set a screen mode, although apparently for some "inhibit mode change" doesn't work well.

Yes, I talked about that over email. Inhibit Mode Change fails (chopped screen) unless I select Anaglyph 3D mode.

As for the TV, it does support 60Hz in 4k (runs in that mode all the time) but Glidos is only 24Hz regardless of resolution.

Reply 4 of 7, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That makes sense. I think Glidos is selecting the first mode in the list that has the correct resolution. Fixing "Inhibit Mode Change" is the way forward. Hopefully I'll get a chance to look at it at some stage. The info you provided that using a 3D mode is a work around may help in finding a fix. It's not trivial because I don't see the problem here.

Reply 5 of 7, by Opaque79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Unfortunately, only the Anaglyph modes correct it, the rest have the same result. The workaround doesn't work for Grand Theft Auto.

I'll see how my laptop runs with Inhibit Mode Change. I'll edit this post with the result.

EDIT: So my laptop displays correctly with Inhibit Mode Change. I think it may be something to do with this particular graphics card - AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Reply 7 of 7, by Opaque79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I also tried disabling GPU scaling to see if that corrected it. It didn't

As for the refresh, it makes sense that Glidos would do that as in a list of resolutions, 24Hz is usually first in the list.
Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary and Underworld do this too but there you can choose 60Hz from a drop down menu