VOGONS

First post, by cookertron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

backofboard.jpg

My motherboard has one set of these retention bracket blots but as it's dual slot 1 I need another pair, any idea what they're called and where I can find them?

Thank you,

Anthony

Asus P5A v1.06, Gigabyte GA-6BXDS, Soyo SY-5EMA (faulty), Viglen 486, Asus SP97-V

Reply 1 of 5, by PD2JK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I would source them from a donor board. Also the cheapest I think.

i386 16 ⇒ i486 DX4 100 ⇒ Pentium MMX 200 ⇒ Athlon Orion 700 | TB 1000 ⇒ AthlonXP 1700+ ⇒ Opteron 165 ⇒ Dual Opteron 856

Reply 2 of 5, by cookertron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
PD2JK wrote on 2023-04-11, 16:52:

I would source them from a donor board. Also the cheapest I think.

Seems a bit extreme just for two of whatever these things are 😒

Anthony

Asus P5A v1.06, Gigabyte GA-6BXDS, Soyo SY-5EMA (faulty), Viglen 486, Asus SP97-V

Reply 3 of 5, by Minutemanqvs

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Slot 1 (I guess, Athlon is the same kind) CPU retention bracket?

Edit: ebay has the top parts, but the bottom parts are usually glued to the mainboard so apparently rarely sold...

Searching a Nexgen Nx586 with FPU, PM me if you have one. I have some Athlon MP systems and cookies.

Reply 4 of 5, by cookertron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Minutemanqvs wrote on 2023-04-11, 17:19:

Slot 1 (I guess, Athlon is the same kind) CPU retention bracket?

Edit: ebay has the top parts, but the bottom parts are usually glued to the mainboard so apparently rarely sold...

Strange, the ones I have are loose.

Maybe I could make a couple somehow.

Reply 5 of 5, by Minutemanqvs

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You don’t really beed them, just a bolt with some protection for the mainboard PCB (paper) will do for testing and playing with? What you need is the other side to hold the CPU in place.

Searching a Nexgen Nx586 with FPU, PM me if you have one. I have some Athlon MP systems and cookies.