VOGONS

TIE Fighter HELP!!

Topic actions

First post, by SBRTy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all, I've got a USB joystick and it doesn't seem to be working with DOSBox when I'm trying to run TIE Fighter Collector's CD. I try calibrating it and it just goes all over the place. I tried timed=false, but after that, it doesn't recognize the joystick at all. Somebody else had posted this problem before and I haven't seen it answered, so I hope posting it here again will get some responses. This game is unplayable with the mouse!

Also, is there a way to set the keymapper back to default? For some reason, it doesn't recognize one of the joystick axis when I was messing around with the mapper.

Thanks!!

Reply 1 of 7, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

delete mapper.txt

Reply 2 of 7, by SBRTy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, that restored the defaults on the key mapper.

Anybody out there know anything about this joystick problem though? It's driving me crazy!! Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reply 3 of 7, by h-a-l-9000

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Set cycles= to a fixed value and try again with timed=true/false.

1+1=10

Reply 5 of 7, by Kiwi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've just followed Johan's link to IGN/ 3D Gamers, and there is no actual download there, only a help file on how to use the update if you manage to ever get it. I've been back (on this dial-up system, not the bedroom's cable broadband), and I remember why I never went hack to IGN after registering there. and even killed the bookmark -- between the slowness and the constant harping on the benefits of a paid subscription, that's a terrible web site.

Slower than molasses in winter. There will be a better download site somewhere, some day.

Last edited by Kiwi on 2007-09-02, 17:31. Edited 1 time in total.

Kiwi

Reply 6 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Sometimes it helps to get a little bit of creative:
On the link by Johan you could have clicked on the "downloads" register and you would have ended at
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/tiefighter/downloads/

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 7 of 7, by AceJoel96

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

What kind of joystick do you have? I have a Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold. If you're still having trouble with the keymapper, it might be easier to use whatever key programming software came with your joystick; I used Profiler with TIE Fighter Collector's Edition without DOSBox for a year.

The Long, Long History of TIE Fighter...Coming Soon!