VOGONS

First post, by 1strail

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I've read many threads on Vogons regarding Tualatin chips and Intel's D815eeA2 and the -U versions supporting the Tualatin PIII-S chips. I recently purchased a new in the box -LU version out of haste for my own PIII-S 1.4mhz chip. The board is in route, but I am hoping someone may know:

What does the -LU designation mean and since it has the U, if that would qualify it as a motherboard for a Tualatin (with the correct bios version).

Any insight here would be greatly appreciated!

Reply 1 of 4, by 1strail

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, I think I read that the -U is universal, not sure what that encompasses, still can't figure out the -L.

Reply 2 of 4, by PcBytes

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Could be LAN as I notice there's space for it.

"Enter at your own peril, past the bolted door..."
Main PC: i5 3470, GB B75M-D3H, 16GB RAM, 2x1TB
98SE : P3 650, Soyo SY-6BA+IV, 384MB RAM, 80GB

Reply 3 of 4, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
1strail wrote on 2023-09-08, 03:53:
Hi, […]
Show full quote

Hi,

I've read many threads on Vogons regarding Tualatin chips and Intel's D815eeA2 and the -U versions supporting the Tualatin PIII-S chips. I recently purchased a new in the box -LU version out of haste for my own PIII-S 1.4mhz chip. The board is in route, but I am hoping someone may know:

What does the -LU designation mean and since it has the U, if that would qualify it as a motherboard for a Tualatin (with the correct bios version).

Any insight here would be greatly appreciated!

From the Intel archive...

D815EEA2 Info.jpg

Reply 4 of 4, by 1strail

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Mystery solved, .18 micron process AND .13. Should work! I also tend to agree on the L probably meaning LAN.