VOGONS


First post, by eyalk4568

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hello, I have an intel motherboard and I would like to change the chipset thermal paste, the problem is, that I don't know how to release the heatsink. I will add a picture of the type of motherboard and the heatsink.
51PhdE-afmL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Reply 1 of 2, by PcBytes

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Desolder it. It's literally soldered in there and the only way to replace the thermal paste under it is by desoldering the chipset heatsink.

"Enter at your own peril, past the bolted door..."
Main PC: R5 1600, MSI X470 Gaming+ MAX, 16GB RAM, 3TB
98SE : P3 1000, ASUS CUBX-E, 768MB RAM, 80GB

Reply 2 of 2, by eyalk4568

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
PcBytes wrote on 2023-10-04, 08:11:

Desolder it. It's literally soldered in there and the only way to replace the thermal paste under it is by desoldering the chipset heatsink.

Thank you for answering, Is there also away to replace the heatsink, so it will be easier in the future to replace the thermal paste?