Old hardware giveaway thread.

Topic actions

Reply 1121 of 1236, by pshipkov

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It is morning here.
Somebody claimed the whole lot as-is during my night already.

The only thing that's left is the Kayak case.
I doubt it will be claimed, so the path to the trash bin is already widening for it.
: )

retro bits and bytes

Reply 1124 of 1236, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have 4 matching 4MB 70nS 64pin Parity SIMMS (all main chips MT 4c4001jdj-7, parities are diff) for specific AST. They worked decades ago but no longer have the board and just stumbled onto them, no way to test them.
Cannot even remember what AST system they came from (think it was a AST Bravo 4/25 or 4/33). Note these are special 64 pin simms (same size as 30pin) as in the picture.
You can have them free plus postage if you can prove you have an AST Bravo or other system that uses them (I know that sounds critical but they are not cheap on ebay).......

Attachments

• IMG_2531.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_2531.JPG
    File size
    1.83 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 1125 of 1236, by CrazyCatman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Horun wrote on 2023-11-21, 05:06:

I have 4 matching 4MB 70nS 64pin Parity SIMMS (all main chips MT 4c4001jdj-7, parities are diff) for specific AST. They worked decades ago but no longer have the board and just stumbled onto them, no way to test them.
Cannot even remember what AST system they came from (think it was a AST Bravo 4/25 or 4/33). Note these are special 64 pin simms (same size as 30pin) as in the picture.
You can have them free plus postage if you can prove you have an AST Bravo or other system that uses them (I know that sounds critical but they are not cheap on ebay).......

As far as I know they can be used in the 40 MHz Apple Macintosh IIfx, as they originally uses 80 ns (minimum speed) 64-pin SIMMs that are not compatible with other Macintosh' - including other Macintosh II models (sadly my three vintage Macs all use the 30-pin model), I read that Parity memory also is supported in the IIfx. Sadly I don't have such.

Alternatively there are some Amiga extras that might could use them; The GVP A530 Turbo is one of them - I don't think if my friend still have one laying around for me - or if it was even that model...

So many computers, so little time...

Reply 1126 of 1236, by pshipkov

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

These need to go as a bulk for shipping price.
All components work.

Attachments

retro bits and bytes

Reply 1128 of 1236, by pshipkov

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

One of my favorite Slot 1 motherboards. In pristine condition.
A month ago it fell silent. I am pretty sure it is something minor, but don't have the time to deal with it.
Figured that somebody can fix and enjoy it instead of me keeping it around as a hoarder, pretending that one day will work on it.

EDIT: there is a backplane and CPU holders as well.

Attachments

• 20231121_105444.jpg
    Filename
    20231121_105444.jpg
    File size
    482.78 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

retro bits and bytes

Reply 1131 of 1236, by pshipkov

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The board starts for a moment and shuts down immediately. Can be a capacitor somewhere ...
The problem is that the solder pads and the solder material are high temperature ones, so it takes quite a bit of effort to work with them.
I know this from a similar board here.

retro bits and bytes

Reply 1132 of 1236, by pshipkov

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Working hard drives must go as a bulk.

Attachments

retro bits and bytes

Reply 1133 of 1236, by pshipkov

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Another bulk to go.

Took the header from the first LAN card.
Otherwise the card is fully working.
Plop a new header and off you go.

Attachments

retro bits and bytes

Reply 1134 of 1236, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
pshipkov wrote on 2023-11-23, 21:29:

Working hard drives must go as a bulk.

How much to ship to the UK? I'm interested in them.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 1135 of 1236, by pshipkov

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ISA modem, must be part of the above bulk.

Ideally somebody grabs the entire thing.

Attachments

retro bits and bytes

Reply 1137 of 1236, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'll have to pass if it's that high, thanks

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.