VOGONS

First post, by ala_borbe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi guys,

i was hoping that someone here has this or a similar card in their possession.
i have acquired pci radeon 7000 Sun Microsystem version in mint condition, but upon inspection, I have discovered that two components are missing.

According to this image online, it is a 3-leg component next to a 0 ohm resistor (SMD).
http://www.512bit.net/ati/hi/ati_radeon_7000ddr_6.jpg

Looking at the nearby component and assuming it is the same part, it looks like there is "2MLV" written on it, but it is very faint, and I am not sure that these are the markings.
Googling this part did not get me a datasheet, so I still don't know what the component is. assuming it is some voltage regulator.

Reply 1 of 5, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have this card somewhere, but my first search turned up empty and now I have a mountain of cards all over the place 🤣. I will still attempt to uncover it after I sort through the mess I made.
It possibly is a voltage regulator but it may be a simpler component too.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 3 of 5, by ala_borbe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks for your clarification. i have managed to source schematic for agp radeon 7000 and that part code is confirmed.
checking my stack of broken cards to see if i have compatible part. if not, i will order some.

Reply 4 of 5, by dm-

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

if you want to use this card on PC you have to reflash card bios with PC version.

by default card has SUN bios installed and it is not compatible with PC.

Reply 5 of 5, by ala_borbe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks for the info, i was suspecting that. before i have converted some MAC radeons to PC by reflashing, should not be a problem.