VOGONS

Common searches

New Way of COPY and PASTE for DosBox(AutoIt wrapper)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by headbngr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I use dosbox for older serial based PLC programs. I missed the copy and paste function of the older win98 dos windows. So I came up with this AutoIt wrapper that has mouse selections, icons, and copy paste hotkeys. This solution does not modify DosBox code in anyway it is just creates a wrapper around the window.

I'll provide a little information how it works. First it must run a TSR program called xpcmouse.exe in dosbox. This provides the selectable text inside the DosBox. When the user selects text in DosBox and press the Copy Icon or Ctrl+c it will write to a file that is on mapped drive. Then AutoIt reads the file and places the copied information into the Windows Clipboard. When the user paste using Ctrl+v or the Paste icon it will send keys to the dos window with whatever is in the windows Clipboard. Also I provided an Icon to hide the status window. This code should work in any version but the windows titles will have to be changed in clip.ini. Right now it is fixed for “DOSBox 0.70”. To upgrade in the future just change to the newer names.

To install just unzip to your current DosBox directory into a subdirectory called clip. Run clip.exe. I also included the clip.au3 if any one is curious about the code.

I worked hard on this so if it is helpful for anyone please leave me feedback I'm willing to see what you think. I just want to thank Qbix for a great program without it my older programs would never work in XP. DosBox and AutoIt are the best two programs on the Internet.

Attachments

• Filename
    clip.zip
    File size
    294.56 KiB
    Downloads
    1231 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Interesting! Gotta try it later.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 9 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Necropost... And a question that you could have solved by trying... I still wonder why you are unable to find emendelson's newer tool for this...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper