First post, by Major Jackyl
- Rank
- Member
My first request for technical assistance, thanks for having me!
I have a ZEOS Model 486DX-33T and it is having a storage issue. In the BIOS, drive parameters are set manually
The HDD has most of this data on it : 989 cyl - 15 heads - 56spt - 425.3MB
I've read more on LZ and PreComp and have tried almost every variable of combination, all fail. Is this possibly the issue? ERROR ENCOUNTERED INITIALIZIND HARD DRIVE 0 is what comes after a lengthy wait (floppy drive ckeck, then wait). "Continue" Boots the system (off a floppy) and everything else is working once I'm there.
The Hard Drive is a Western Digital Caviar 2420 (pictured) and was recently (finally) tested in another system and works (already partitioned, formatted, and some games put on it). The other system I put it in uses a JMicron IDE controller and it gave me a screen I've never seen (had the computer since new) but the drive still was detected by windows XP and was reading/writing fine. (might be useful info?)
I have an ISA IDE/FDD controller available for testing, but it would need testing (and unburying) as I never tested it after I got it out of the bargain bin.
Daily Units:
ASUS P55TVP4, P-MMX233, Matrox2064W, CT2770
ABIT IS7, P43.2(SL7E6), PNY6600GTS, Audigy(0090)
ASUS M2N-SLI, A64X2-5600+, EVGA 8600GTx2, Audigy2(0240)
ASUS ST-990FX, FX-8350, MSI GTX760x2, SB X-Fi(0460)
MSI Z690, i9-12900K, MSI RTX3090, SB AE-7