VOGONS


First post, by kotel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi

I recently got some time to work on this TEAC DV-28E laptop optical drive. The drive reads CD's and DVD's fine but it doesn't get detected. Tested it on some laptops and on an DELL optiplex gx280. Already tried to reflow the chips, but that didn't work. Any ideas?

Last edited by kotel on 2024-12-15, 09:02. Edited 1 time in total.

I couldn't save them, but that doesn't mean I can't save myself!
Ready yourself!

Reply 1 of 2, by kotel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

On some laptops it seems like it removes the ability to detected any drives. Any ideas?

I couldn't save them, but that doesn't mean I can't save myself!
Ready yourself!

Reply 2 of 2, by kotel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It looks like the drive somewhat fixed itself. It isn't detected in BIOS but works in windows. Its really weird... Any ideas?

I couldn't save them, but that doesn't mean I can't save myself!
Ready yourself!