evasive wrote on 2026-04-01, 17:21:Disclaimer […]
Show full quote
analog_programmer wrote on 2024-11-15, 23:33:Sure, you can use some system diagnostic software that can test/report the motherboard's cache. […]
Show full quote
Xanxi wrote on 2024-11-15, 21:35:
In case of fake chips, are they still detected by benchmarks and system test softwares?
Sure, you can use some system diagnostic software that can test/report the motherboard's cache.
watson wrote on 2024-11-15, 21:39:
You do realize that the M666 is an easter egg on TRW that doesn't actually exist, right?
Nope, but I thought someone overdid it with the board's defects list.
I don't know what kind of joke this is, as if the remaining inaccurate or misleading information on the website is not enough.
Disclaimer
The info found in this page might not be entirely correct. Check out this guide to learn how you can improve it.
analog_programmer wrote on 2024-11-15, 23:33:
So, this fake board TRW article reminds me of another "phantom" motherboard. Has anyone heard of PCChips M569 mobo? I can't find a trace of such model all over the internet, except that rmay635703 mentions it a couple of times in other forum's topics and also in some other retro PC forums.
Apart from those few posting the illusive M569 bios never seems to have been actually posted.
This link here is a copy of the original AJZchips database, he had by far the most complete collection in existence at the time. As you can see there is no M569 bios in there only up to M567:
https://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/Archive/PcChip … M569/index.html
as you can see that number limit was chosen rather arbitrary:
https://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/Archive/PcChip … M5xx/index.html
So without any other info, I think the M569 simply doesn't exist and it was confused with the M596 which does have the same chipset. As for the extra ISA slot, the M571 V1.3 has 4 instead of 3 like the other revisions.
Hi, evasive,
I'm sorry for my long time delayed answer! I had a long time "ai" script moderation restriction for posting.
There is no PCChips M569 motherboard ever existed. I was mislead by some posts about the non-existing M569 BIOS (and mobo), when I searched for BIOS replacement with better RAM support for my Elpina BA E-VO 9825 ver. 3.2A (rebranded PCChips M571 v.3.2A) mobo. I also think, that it comes to PCChips M567 model with the same SiS 5598 chipset and the same I/O UMC UM8670F chip, but without the on-board C-Media CMI8330 audio.
As for TRW's M666 PCChips mockery... This is not funny at all. I really don't understand the ones belonging to "PCChips/ECS haters club", as if other board manufacturers hadn't ever made very bad motherboard models. For example, the much-hyped Octec manufacturer had openly lied about the L2 cache in several of its well-known motherboard models:
analog_programmer wrote on 2024-10-11, 07:50:DCA sticker, cache upgrade is impossible:
1. Octek HIPPO DCA 1 rev. 1.x (claims DCA(1) support, seems like it can't use special […]
Show full quote
DCA sticker, cache upgrade is impossible:
1. Octek HIPPO DCA 1 rev. 1.x (claims DCA(1) support, seems like it can't use special EDRAM modules (fast DRAM with some tiny amount of SRAM cache))
2. Octek HIPPO VL (claims DCA(1) support, seems like it can't use EDRAM modules)
3. Octek HIPPO VL+ (claims DCA(1) support, seems like it can't use EDRAM modules)
Upgradable with EDRAM module:
1. Digicom DIGIS-486EL (probably it can use EDRAM modules)
2. Octek HIPPO DCA II (claims DCA2 support, possibly it can use EDRAM modules)
See, there's even no option to fix these Octec boards, unlike the problematic PCChips ones, but nobody hates Octec due to this fact.
The word Idiot refers to a person with many ideas, especially stupid and harmful ideas.
This world goes south since everything's run by financiers and economists.
This isn't voice chat, yet some people overusing online communications talk and hear voices.