VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by JF

User metadata

I just started playing Tomb Raider after I took care of the unlock codes problems. But then something happened. At the first stage everything was ok (the game looks much better now!) I also had no problems saving in this stage. But when I got at the second stage every time I saved the game it crashed and I had to restart my computer! When I got back to the game the save game didn’t work. Is there anything I can do? If there’s not a way to fix this problem, do you guys know of any save games editor that work with Tomb Raider?
Thanks for your help and your patience guys

Reply 1 of 5, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've heard of a save game problem with TR1, but I've never seem it myself. Apparently there are some hints as to how to avoid the problem on stella's site. http://tombraiders.net

My guess is that it might be something to do with file access rights. Try using an administrator account. That's just a guess though; Stella's site has to be your best bet.

Reply 3 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Under Win9x, "anyone" is administrator. So that's probably not it.

Closest thing to this that I encountered was loading earlier save games from the Non-3dfx version. I (now) know loading "other version" save games is a big no-no.

Have you tried starting the game from scratch again and save at the very beginning (in an alternate slot)? Does that crash also?

Reply 4 of 5, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Win98? Yeh, then it isn't the administrator business.

One thing that I've run into before: if you copy your save games onto a CD and then back off onto your harddrive then they are Read-only and you cant save over them. Just a thought.

There is something on Stella's site somewhere. I'll try to find it when i get a chance.