VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Lonefox

User metadata

Hi all ive had red baron 3d a month or two now and i just got glidos for red baron 3d, am having a few problems with the glide tho, im gettin bad frame rates and the fog doesnt seem to work, is there any optimum settings for glidos that anyone knows about for a hercules 3d prophet 4500 graphics card? (kyro II chipset). heres the rest of my specs:
Athlon XP 1600+
512mb RAM
windows 98SE
DX 8.1
hercules 3d prophet 4500 64mb (latest drivers)
sound blaster live! 5.1 sound card

any help appreciated
Lonefox

Reply 1 of 5, by CraigG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't mean to sound rude (so please don't take it that way),
But why do you have such a poor video card in such a nice system ?

If you stick in either a budget Geforce like the GF 4 MX440, or even a Ti4200, then all your problems will go away.

The Kyro2 drivers really aren't very good, and haven't really had a decent update in a long time.
There are soo many problems with today's games and wrappers, that it's just not worth the hassle.

Sorry, but a mates friend had that very same card. Loads of problems and not much luck with games. So we all went to a computer fair and got him a 64Mb Ti4200 for £85. Now he's a happy chap.

Sorry for not being able to help.

Oh and lastly, Red Baron is ran via OpenGlide, NOT Glidos.
Glidos is for emulating DOS glide games, while Openglide is for Windows games like Red Baron.

Athlon 64 3000+ stock
MSI NForce 4 K8N Neo Platinum
2Gb RAM
nVidia Geforce 6800GT stock clocks
SBLive! Platinum + Audigy ZS2 Drivers
WinXP Pro SP2

Reply 2 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You might check with the people over at http://www.wings-of-valor.org/ and see if anyone else has a Kyro card that may be able to help you. You might also try the message boards at http://www.simhq.com , they seem to have a degree of tech knowledge along with an interest in "sims".

Reply 3 of 5, by rens

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

this will sort off work for you:

VERY IMPORTANT:

NEVER EVER set texturememory lower than 4 mbyte !!!!

adjust total of memory settings to fit your card's memory. I dont have a clue what happens if it doesnt fit......

and, last but not least:
an old TNT2/ 32mbyte for 25 $ will probably do better.......

This setting works on that TNT2 smooth as ever. 20-25+fps minimum in dogfights, with High QUality planes and 3d glide terrain patch.

I just released a specific GLIDOS version for glide terrain,
go get it at

http://www.xs4all.nl/~rensg

openglid.ini contents:
(things to play with: enablemipmaps / ignorepalettechange/enablefog & ......... ???? )

[Options]
EnableMMX=0
CreateWindow=0
InitFullScreen=1
EnableMipMaps=0
IgnorePaletteChange=1
EnableFog=1
EnablePrecisionFix=1
EnableWrap565=0
EnableMultiTextureEXT=0
EnablePaletteEXT=1
EnablePackedPixelsEXT=0