First post, by shian
Reviving Euphoria 3.1.1 for DOS/Windows/Linux - High-Speed Minimalist Coding
Hi everyone,
I wanted to share a project I've been working on to preserve and revitalize Euphoria 3.1.1, which I still consider one of the best minimalist 32-bit programming languages ever made.
If you are tired of modern software bloat, dependency fatigue, and massive runtime footprints, Euphoria 3.1.1 is an incredible antidote. The entire engine is under 250KB, meaning it runs entirely within the CPU's local L1/L2 cache lines for raw silicon speed. It features the incredibly flexible "Sequence" data structure-meaning there are no complex objects or pointer tracking bugs to worry about.
I have set up a clean, modern documentation portal and mirror site containing original manuals, code examples (like recursive vs non-recursive permutation benchmarks), and bundled libraries like Lib2:
🔗 Check it out here: http://rapideuphoria311.free.nf/
(Note: I am currently looking for an alternative reliable mirror or repository to host this site permanently, as standard free hosting has been giving me indexing issues. If anyone has space on a retro directory or server, let me know!)
I'd love to hear your thoughts, see if anyone else here remembers coding in Eu, or if anyone wants to test out the DOSBox games mirrored on the site!