First post, by Donald Duck
I have had a look on line and cant find any. so dose any one have any or know of where to get them please?
Thanks
I have had a look on line and cant find any. so dose any one have any or know of where to get them please?
Thanks
There are a few here:
https://github.com/nanochess?tab=repositories … language=&sort=
EduBat wrote on 2026-09-26, 22:04:There are a few here:
https://github.com/nanochess?tab=repositories … language=&sort=
it github its nothing but spam! there are no game there!
There is a list of such games here: https://www.mobygames.com/platform/pc-booter/
No idea of where to find them though, ebay perhaps.
Rwolf wrote on 2026-09-27, 13:13:There is a list of such games here: https://www.mobygames.com/platform/pc-booter/
No idea of where to find them though, ebay perhaps.
A PC Booter game is different to a Boot Sector game.
A PC Booter is written to not require DOS. It handles all disk access itself. Typically for copy protection reasons, or to make for lower memory usage or better speed.
A boot sector game is one that's written in highly optimised assembly to fit into 512 bytes or less. This is the amount of space that the boot sector of a disk ocupies. They are primarily written as a challenge to see what's possible in such a small amount of space. They are extremely limited games. They are not really much fun to play, but they are remarkable demonstrations of software development skill.
It is explained very well here:
Oh, sorry, I misread the OP:s reqest.
I recall seeing a tetris variant in bootsector size, looked fun. It is referred in the earlier github link.
There's my 10-year-old one: https://int10h.org/blog/2016/08/happy-35th-birthday-ibm-pc/
Donald Duck wrote on 2026-09-26, 23:09:EduBat wrote on 2026-09-26, 22:04:There are a few here:
https://github.com/nanochess?tab=repositories … language=&sort=it github its nothing but spam! there are no game there!
I don't know how to use it ! This is nothing but spam !
8088@8 /640k /Genoa CGA /TNDY 3voice
286@20 /4M /CL-GD5422 /CMI8330
486DX33 /16M /TGUI9440 /GUS+ALS100+MT32PI
K6-2@400 /64M /MGA-2064W+3dfx /YMF718
P!!!750 /256M /MX440 /Vibra16s+SBLive!
VileR wrote on Yesterday, 09:53:There's my 10-year-old one: https://int10h.org/blog/2016/08/happy-35th-birthday-ibm-pc/
I see a link to a Donkey that dose not work!
I see a SorryAss.zip (7.0KB) download file which is to big for a boot sector!
VileR wrote on Yesterday, 09:53:There's my 10-year-old one: https://int10h.org/blog/2016/08/happy-35th-birthday-ibm-pc/
I get a "forbidden: 403 error" when trying to access your page. May you kindly post the binaries here in this thread?
Donald Duck wrote on Yesterday, 18:59:I see a link to a Donkey that dose not work!
I see a SorryAss.zip (7.0KB) download file which is to big for a boot sector!
Very perceptive! With some extra effort, you might just puzzle out what a ".zip" file is.
zyzzle wrote on Today, 00:39:I get a "forbidden: 403 error" when trying to access your page. May you kindly post the binaries here in this thread?
Sure:
It's also available on github at https://github.com/viler-int10h/Sorry-Ass/releases.
403? That's concerning... thanks for letting me know, I'll have to look into it. Seems like my webhost may be pulling some badly-tuned anti bot measures or something.