VOGONS


First post, by 2mg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Sometimes, when nothing is happening on screen, basically rendering stops.

Here's a video of what I mean (Dosbox in center window, 3D app in background to show that GPU is indeed working):
https://imgur.com/a/JdSjoJZ

Seen in it this game (Montezuma's Return) and in Raptor Call of the Shadows (when paused) and Quake 1 so far.

I'm wondering if it's Dosbox that does that, or games themselves?
Is it intended, should I do something in my .conf file?

My config is 98% stock, but here it is if it's needed:

The attachment dosbox.conf is no longer available

Sidenote:
This seems to trip my VRR display into being stuck into 49hz while nothing is happening.
Which is odd since the moment it goes below 60Hz, LFC kicks in.

So if anyone gets flicker with VRR displays while using Dosbox, know that it is real tho not a guaranteed scenario, easily fixed by relaunching the game, or a system reboot, plus it might not be directly because of Dosbox, because I'm also switching fullscreen/windowed mode, have an OSD, and also have enabled G-sync on windowed apps which itself is hack-y.

*this is not a "help my game" post even tho 3 are mentioned