VOGONS


Velocity9x - Open Source Win9x VGA Driver S3/Intel GMA950/Rage

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 67, by sdz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mwdmeyer wrote on 2026-10-07, 08:14:

Oooh yes I have a 3dfx rush so should be possible.

Everything anyone asks for will be added to this driver!!

Bless you! Can't wait for more Intel iGPU support. That will make a ton of modern ish laptops very usable in Windows98 (and laptops with actually good screens - scaling / aspect ratio handling / supported video modes TBD).

marxveix wrote on Yesterday, 14:14:

One does not disturb other, they both can be there i think, just arb is newer and game chooses what it can use?

Pretty much. I think it should be possible to have both.

Reply 61 of 67, by mwdmeyer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well the GMA 950 is now running native Glide 2. I've got Need for Speed II SE running on it without any issues!

This will be in the next release, only for the Intel Gen3/GMA cards at this stage.

Vogons Wiki - http://vogonswiki.com

Reply 63 of 67, by mwdmeyer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wow Glide is actually working on the Rage XL in 0.14 already, tested on UT99, its fast. Lol

Vogons Wiki - http://vogonswiki.com

Reply 64 of 67, by Kamerat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mwdmeyer wrote on Yesterday, 23:05:

Well the GMA 950 is now running native Glide 2. I've got Need for Speed II SE running on it without any issues!

This will be in the next release, only for the Intel Gen3/GMA cards at this stage.

Nice. I was thinking about suggesting support for the Glide API, but you beat me to it. 😁

I'm interrupt7 on GitHub BTW, will try to do some more testing on the GMA 900 during this weekend.

DOS Sound Blaster compatibility: PCI sound cards vs. PCI chipsets
YouTube channel

Reply 65 of 67, by mwdmeyer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nice! Thank you for testing! So happy the GMA 900 even worked at all, seeing as I have no hardware for it.

I'm adding a new feature in 0.15, if you have networking/internet there will be an updater so you can easily get the latest driver and I am planning to add button to submit trace results.

Vogons Wiki - http://vogonswiki.com

Reply 66 of 67, by marxveix

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mwdmeyer wrote on Today, 05:42:

Wow Glide is actually working on the Rage XL in 0.14 already, tested on UT99, its fast. Lol

I dont have UT99 at the moment, but NFS2SE did not run on my XL, OpenGL MultiTexture works.

Best ATi Rage3 drivers for 3DCIF / Direct3D / OpenGL / GLUT / DVD : ATi RagePro drivers and software
33+MiniGL / OpenGL Win 9x dll files for all ATi-Rage3 based cards : ATi RagePro OpenGL files

Reply 67 of 67, by mwdmeyer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
marxveix wrote on Today, 11:19:
mwdmeyer wrote on Today, 05:42:

Wow Glide is actually working on the Rage XL in 0.14 already, tested on UT99, its fast. Lol

I dont have UT99 at the moment, but NFS2SE did not run on my XL, OpenGL MultiTexture works.

When I installed NFS2SE it didn't install the glide exe so needed to copy manually from CD I think. Did you get any specific error message?

My next version will make it much easier to submit issues.

Vogons Wiki - http://vogonswiki.com