VOGONS

Questbuster

Topic actions

First post, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Anyone remember a title called "Questbuster" which came in few volumes at few months or monthly intervals more than 15 years ago?

This book contains solutions to a number of pc adventure and rpg games per volume. I remember reading the book at a computer store, say, in 1991, I think. I remember seeing the solutions for Quest for Glory IV and Drakkhen in a volume there.

Anyone heard of these? If I'm not mistaken, it was published in the US.

Since I'm a classic pc and pc-games based collector, I would like to know if I could get them from somewhere.

Gamefaqs have good collection of FAQs and walkthroughs. But I wonder what happened to these books now.

Thanks for any info!

Reply 1 of 7, by Hater Depot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think it was a magazine first, then books.

Reply 2 of 7, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I remember borrowing a 1990 issue from a friend; the one that has solutions for Quest for Glory (the first), Space Rogue, and Keef the Thief. In fact, I would have been stuck in Quest for Glory without it (yes, I'm a lousy adventure player).

Or was it 1989?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 3 of 7, by vasyl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not exactly a magazine, I think it was more like a newsletter. Many solutions were republished in books, eleven of them. There were five books with Questbusters name, and six in a similar series called Quest for Clues.

Reply 6 of 7, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks! Thanks a bunch!!! 😀

Reply 7 of 7, by vasyl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Half.com has eight of those listed atm and their prices are considerably better. Search for "questbusters" and "quest for clues". Most of those books are not particularly rare.