Reply 600 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

Automatic game detection.
-------------------------------

False capture game detection = Larry 2.

= It create that capture directory, even if i dont have that game.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Related to VirtualHD directory.
--------------------------

I see that game detection, made directory(s) for Capture files. But those directorys, dont have the same name than the real game directory.

= Then can you made an auto-change directory name, of game(s) detected.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Replace folder to mount, have some problems, see the file included.

Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Last edited by sst on 2009-03-08, 19:00. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 601 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
I almost finished russian translation, but while making it I spotted some new issues. Not all are bugs, and list is not very long.
Anyway - thank you. Good work!

1 Custom archiving programs:
a) After entering program file name manually, button 'Set default values' is still invisible.
b)In rar/winrar update string, please, remove 'update:' part.
2. In search links menu empty line brings empty menu item. Maybe it should be omitted at all?
3. Some lines still contain 'zip' mentions:
ZipWaitForm - Caption
Profile Menu MakeZipArchive (corresponding popup menu is OK)
ZipForm - CloseWarning (second occurence)
4. Helper programs : run minimizes check box in english is called 'Run mimized'
5. In Setup Dialog: on FreeDos page file selection button is higher then editbox.
6. HTML export:
a) replacing '&' with '&' brings infinite loop.
b) and again about charsets. May you customize value used in "content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1". Maybe add it to language file such as

[CharsetSettings]
HTMLCharset=windows-1251

7.String 'File.Import.Zip' is used for both menu item and dialog caption. In all other cases you used different lines. Maybe you may add 'File.Import.Zip.DialogTitle' ? I need them different. If you cannot - I'll retranslate export menu part.
8. Wizard: may you make 'Datafolder.Button' (set additional files manually) a couple of letters wider.
9. In archive message 'InvalidParameters' replace %1 and %2 with %%1 and %%2 (Format() raises exception).
10. Genre/language name translations:
a)if translation list is empty - 'add' button is disabled. To enable it you should change combobox or enter grid cell.
b)if translation list is longer than visible grid. Total column width is more than available space (grid width without vertical scrollbar). You calculate column widths by grid client width. If you will change this with grid with (say, minus 25) it may help. Or you need to recount columns on filling grid with data and adding/removing lines.
12. Option 'restore column width on restart' works well on restart program, but after entering Setup dialog and closing it with OK button - all columns get default widths.

Last edited by skatz on 2009-03-01, 22:12. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 602 of 2280, by oolie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys,

I've done my polish translation, but since some of the strings are messed up and in need of fixing there's no much use posting the .ini file yet.

@Alexander
GamesListTranslations.Info=Attention: After changing the program language changes made on this list cannot been undone by pressing "Cancel". - 'cannot be undone' 😀

Reply 603 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry for the late answer to the many posts, but I have been very busy this week.

French help file

Creating a French language file is very easy in theory: All you have to do is downloading the source code of D-Fend Reloaded, extract the zip file and copy the content of the \Help\English folder to a new folder, for example \Help\French. Next all *.html files and the toc.hhc file need to be translated. There are also some language strings (like the caption of the help window) in the English.hhp to be translated and of cource the file itself can be renamed to French.hhp and as output file could also be defined as French.hhp. (The name of the output file can be set up in the hhp file.) All of the files above are text files. As the last step you need to compile the help project to a chm file. "chm" stands for compiled html and chm files are just zip archives. If you want to, you can also open chm files with 7Zip. The chm compiler (called html workshop) can be downloaded from Microsoft for free.

So much for the theory; the main problem is, there are over 130 files to be translated. I have written the English and the German help file and it really was not fun.

If you really want to translate the help file to French, I would be very glad but I would never ask anybody to translate the complete help because translating so many files is very awesome. (Don't say I haven't warned you.)

PortableApps version of D-Fend Reloaded

I simply haven't enough time to add DFR to other websites etc. Sorry. When 0.7.0 is out, perhaps I will contact PortableApps to add DRF to their list.

I know, I'm using a very basic version of the PortableApps directory structure. But using the complete directory structure of PortableApps would require bigger changes to DFR. It's not only redirecting the default games directory to the default PortableApps data directory. All configuration files etc. would need to be moved. And this could raise problems with data packages because at the moment DFR (and also the data package installer) knows 3 operation modes: "Use user directory for data files", "Use program directory for data files" and "Use program directory for data files (store directory links relatively for portable use)". Using some completely other directory for data files would require a new, fourth operation mode. Additionally I don't see any real advantage in using some other directory for the data files. Also in the current setup the program is complete portable, all files are located in the DFR subfolder of the PortableApps folder only and PortableApps is recognizing the program correctly. (If I would have more free time, I could do the more complex way; but for the moment I think the current solution is better than no PortableApps release.)

Detecting installed games

If you create profiles via the "detected new games in the games folder" function caputure folders will be created from the names of the profiles. If D-Fend Reloaded creates a "Larry 2" subfolder in the capture folder this means it has also added a "Larry 2" profile. I have check the auto setup templates: The word "Larry" does not appear in any other template than in the Larry templates. This means it is very unlikely D-Fend Reloaded creates a capture folder names "Larry 2" even without creating a Larry 2 profile.

D-Fend Reloaded is using the profile names and not the names of the subfolders where the game files are located for the names of the capture folders because the names of the game file folder are mostly 8.3 names but there is no need to use short folder names for the capture folders.

I'm not quite sure what you mean:
a) Do don't have Larry 2 but the "detect new games" function finds it. (This could be a checksum problem.)
b) You have got Larry 2, DFR detects it but uses "Larry 2" as capture folder name and not "Larry2" as your game files folder might is named. (This is an intended behavior.)
c) Do don't have Larry 2, the "detect new games" does not detect it but is creates a "Larry 2" capture folder anyway. (This would be really strange.)

Changing the mount folder via the multiple profiles editor

The relative path names function is not intended to work with things like ".\..\Data\VirtualHD". This is also for security reason. When uninstalling games and using relative path names you do not need to be afraid files outside the base folder will be deleted. Additonally with ".." in path names big problems could appear when transfering profiles: Lets say on your desktop installation your base folder is "C:\Users\you\D-Fend Reloaded" and you use ".\..\..\Games" as your games folder (this would be C:\Games). On you USB stick you have "E:\DFR" as your base folder. Where should the transfer function store the files located in ".\..\..\Games" on the USB stick ? In E:\..\Games ?

The not correctly disabled select button will be fixed in the next version. Also the detection of trailing "\" will be improved so the "From" box will not show ".\VirtualHD" and ".\VirtualHD\".

Long list from skatz

Oh, so many things again. I will look at it the next days.
So my RC1 todo consists of the png screenshot but and the list from skatz at the moment.

Language files

There are only four strings messed up and they haven't changed in DFR 0.7.0 so I can restore them from the 0.6.1 language files. At the moment I'm not planning to make another pre translation release.

GamesListTranslations.Info spelling bug: Fixed.

Ok, that's it for the moment. I hope I will get some of the bugs from my new todo fixed during the next days.

Reply 604 of 2280, by curieux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi SST

Did you start to translate the beta 2 to french ?
If not, I will do it (as I did from the beginning).

Good luck if you decide to translate the help file ! 😉
Personally, I won't do this translation, it would need weeks of work, I guess.

Reply 605 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi

Did you start to translate the beta 2 to french ? If not, I will do it (as I did from the beginning). […]
Show full quote

Did you start to translate the beta 2 to french ?
If not, I will do it (as I did from the beginning).

Good luck if you decide to translate the help file !
Personally, I won't do this translation, it would need weeks of work, I guess.

---

>>> curieux

I will only try to made, the [French Help file], translation.

It can be made, by [Software and/or a Translation WebSite].

Then = I think to use, an "Universal software translator, or a WebSite translator".

---

Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Reply 607 of 2280, by oolie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, here's the D-FR polish translation for the current version.

Attachments

• Filename
    Polish.ini
    File size
    78.07 KiB
    Downloads
    457 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 608 of 2280, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I was just browsing this section of the vogons and saw this thread today. Sorry I'm late in saying this but, Alexander, just wanted to say thanks for keeping this D-Fend alive in it's Reloaded form. D-Fend has always been my favourite Dosbox front-end ever. There're lots of improvents in D-Fend Reloaded and really appreciate what you've done in resurrecting it.
And thanks to everyone else who are involved in this and all other front ends too. I'm sure different people like different front-ends.
Regards.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 609 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi oolie,
thank you for your translation. I have just added it to my development build. But there are 6 strings remaining for translation not in the Polish.ini file. Because of changes in the installer in beta 2 there are also some new strings in the installer language file. That's why I have made the additionally LanguageFiles.zip file. If you would like to translate this remaining strings this would be great.

And some little status update:
Bugs 1a+b, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8 from skatz list are fix. (Didn't have as much time during the weekend as I have thought of.)

Reply 610 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alxexander!
Here is the first version of russian translaltion for DFR7. Maybe after RC1 (or beta3 😉) I'll made some changes.

Attachments

• Filename
    dfr7rus.zip
    File size
    31.3 KiB
    Downloads
    128 downloads
    File license

Reply 611 of 2280, by curieux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander!

I attached the archive with the french translation (program+setup).

I did it in the DFR program (not directly editing the ini), this time.

Attachments

• Filename
    french v0.7 beta 2.zip
    File size
    28.55 KiB
    Downloads
    149 downloads
    File comment
    french translation for 0.7 beta 2
    File license

Reply 612 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you skatz and thank you curieux for your language files. I have just added them. And I have also used the new French language file for the French (Canada) translation. [Stored all differences between the two original language files and then added the differences to the new French (Canada) language file again.]

Reply 613 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Alexander, ...

Alexander >>> Detecting installed games

If you create profiles via the "detected new games in the games folder" function caputure folders will be created from the names of the profiles. If D-Fend Reloaded creates a "Larry 2" subfolder in the capture folder this means it has also added a "Larry 2" profile. I have check the auto setup templates: The word "Larry" does not appear in any other template than in the Larry templates. This means it is very unlikely D-Fend Reloaded creates a capture folder names "Larry 2" even without creating a Larry 2 profile.

D-Fend Reloaded is using the profile names and not the names of the subfolders where the game files are located for the names of the capture folders because the names of the game file folder are mostly 8.3 names but there is no need to use short folder names for the capture folders.

>>> Quote:

Alexander >>> I'm not quite sure what you mean:
a) Do don't have Larry 2 but the "detect new games" function finds it. (This could be a checksum problem.)
b) You have got Larry 2, DFR detects it but uses "Larry 2" as capture folder name and not "Larry2" as your game files folder might is named. (This is an intended behavior.)
c) Do don't have Larry 2, the "detect new games" does not detect it but is creates a "Larry 2" capture folder anyway. (This would be really strange.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My respond = I don't have Larry 2, the "detect new games" does not detect it but is creates a "Larry 2" capture folder anyway.

I have some Sierra games, = the "Space Quest series, [1, 1 vga, 2, 3 , 4, 5 , 6]", but no Larry game.

= It must be a game detection bug= when "detecting new games".

Exe=SIERRA.COM
ExeMD5=48E6FAEB6AF8E540FED0523F17EC4C0D

ExeMD5 Code = 48E6FAEB6AF8E540FED0523F17EC4C0D = Is the same, as the game "Larry 2", and the "SpaceQuest 3 game, [SIERRA.COM, file]",

---

Then, if you have "Space Quest 3", it create a capture directory "Larry 2", because of the, ".\AutoSetup\Larry 2.prof" file, contain =

Exe=SIERRA.COM
ExeMD5=48E6FAEB6AF8E540FED0523F17EC4C0D

, but no ".\Confs\Space Quest 3" profile

---

Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Reply 614 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi curieux, ...

French & French Canada, translation =
------------------------------------------

Popup.RunGame=Lancer le &jeu

Must be changed to =

Popup.RunGame=Lancer le &programme

---
Because of the = "Run.Game=Lancer le &programme", section.

P.S. i have made a forum message, since some days, of the
"Popup.RunGame=", must have the same text, of "Run.Game=".
---

Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Reply 615 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander & sst!
About Larry/Space Quest trouble.
Current DFR approach to guess template is to compare program file checksum (ignoring setup checksum, by the way). Thus work scan and wizard.
But Sierra's game executables are interpreters. So they may be the same for different games.
Alexander, maybe you may add possibility to specify for game some additional necessary file (such as 'resource.000') and check its checksum also. Of course, template with several matched files shoud be considered better than with only one.

Reply 616 of 2280, by oolie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Alexander wrote:

Hi oolie,
thank you for your translation. I have just added it to my development build. But there are 6 strings remaining for translation not in the Polish.ini file. Because of changes in the installer in beta 2 there are also some new strings in the installer language file. That's why I have made the additionally LanguageFiles.zip file. If you would like to translate this remaining strings this would be great.

I've found the new untranslated strings in just two installator files. Sorry about that, I haven't even thought about downloading the source code and browsing through installator files 😦

Attachments

Reply 617 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi oolie,
thank you, Polish is now complete.

Same checksum problem
The problem is a bit obvious for games using the same interpreter as main file. But anyway I haven't thought of this while writing the detection function. Using more files to identify a game would probabily be a good idea but would need some extra work by the creators of the templates for selecting the additional files. As a first step there could also be a select dialog on multiple checksum matches. I will think about both things in 0.8.

Screenshot bug
I know once there was a discussion about png preview images not looking good. And also there have been some example screenshots - but I can't find this screenshot anymore. Can anybody post or pm a png file not looking right in the previewer ? I guess it is a problem of the image scaler but without a wrong looking png file for testing it's not so easy to improve this.

Bugs found by skatz
Fixed: 6a+b, 9, 10a+b
(This was the rest)

Translation
Only Danish, Italian, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese tranlations are still missing. I will mail the three translators the next days. Perhaps they haven't looked at this thread or at the download page.

Reply 618 of 2280, by oolie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

About screenshots problem - I have one too, but of the opposite side 😉 The screenshots in Pinball Fantasies look fine (whell, not that fine, but better) but the actual look of the game menu is messed up. I've tried changing renderer and scaling methods - nothing works 😕

Oh, and one more thing: Alexander, with the 'View/Show tooltips in games list' option enabled there are no tooltips displayed - only an empty 'tooltip pad'.

Attachments

• PF_DFR_screenshot.png
    Filename
    PF_DFR_screenshot.png
    File size
    23.71 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • PF_actual_look.png
    Filename
    PF_actual_look.png
    File size
    66.7 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 619 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'd say that screenshot problem with "Pinball Fantasies" is not DFR related, not even DOSBox related. That series is known for using non-standard VGA resolutions, hence the distortion.