Common searches

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 640 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

"French" "French Canada", Translation (Fixed)

---
Popup.RunGame=Lancer le &programme
Run.Game=Lancer le &programme
---

--------------------------
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Attachments

• Filename
    French.ini
    File size
    89.17 KiB
    Downloads
    491 downloads
    File comment
    "French" "French Canada", Translation (Fixed)
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 641 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
Some ideas:
1.When you specify extra program files (that appears in submenu under 'Run') you may need to choose program located in DOSBox directory structure (e.g. on cd image). In current version you may set this by prefixing file path with 'DOSBOX:'. Maybe you should add some interface for this, or simply add explanation message at the editor bottom.

2.After running such programs DOSBox does not exit, with any setting of checkbox in profile.

Reply 642 of 2280, by Innomen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is this the place where i post questions about Dfend reloaded?

Hope so.

I have a working game shortcut to XCOM, i want to retain the cpu/graphics settings, so i copy this shortcut to make an EOB2 shortcut.

I change the name and the path and i get the following error...

There is no mounted drive allowing to reach the physical folder C:\Program Files\D-Fend Reloaded\VirtualHD\EOB\ which is needed to run the program. D-Fend will try to interpret the path as a DOSBox local path.

Ideas?

Reply 643 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some little status update first:

• Updated French.ini and French Canada.ini language files, thanks.
  • DOSBox relative path names for extra program files: Added to my 0.8 todo.
  • "Close on exit" not working for extra program files: Fixed.
  • And a last new feature for DFR 0.7: Vista game explorer integration is finally working ! 😀
    (The installer will register DFR in games explorer and the uninstaller will unregister it again.)
  • Still waiting for the Italian translation.

@Innomen:
What exactly do you mean by saying "shortcut" ? A D-Fend Reloaded profile or a desktop shortcut linked to a profile in D-Fend Reloaded ? If you change/copy/rename a desktop shortcut this will have no effect on the profiles in D-Fend Reloaded.

The error message means you have selected a file located in C:\Program Files\D-Fend Reloaded\VirtualHD\EOB\ to be run but you haven't defined any DOSBox drive via this the selected file could be reached. Have you deleted the default ".\VirtualHD\" mount ?

Reply 644 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Alexander, ...

And a last new feature for DFR 0.7: Vista game explorer integration is finally working !

(The installer will register DFR in games explorer and the uninstaller will unregister it again.)

Respond = I whant to test that, in Vista Ultimate x64 ["SP2" RC Build 286].

I see in that Vista Game Explorer section, some games listed, but it is not all windows game that i have.

Then = how and when i can test that ???
---

Thanks!!! to Alexander and other peoples, and myself, in the development of D-Fend Reloaded, ... 😀

---

--------------------------
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Reply 645 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi sst,

I will try to release D-Fend Reloaded 0.7RC1 beginning of next week.

There are two ways to register a game in the games explorer: The first, official way (also used by DFR) is adding a game definition file (a special XML file) as a resource to an exe or dll file belonging to the game and then calling a games explorer API function with this file name as parameter. Of course this is only doable for own programs and own installers. The second, easy way is using the Game Explorer Manager which I have found while searching for a game explorer NSIS plugin. Using this program you can register any program to be listed in the games explorer.

Reply 646 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,
I have just uploaded the first release candidate for D-Fend Reloaded 0.7. You can find all different packages as usual on the beta download page. At the moment only the Italian translation is missing, all other translations are complete and there are no open bugs at the moment.

Reply 647 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
RC1 is almost fine.
And again a couple of notes:
1. Importing simple zip archive: when you add same game third time - DFR hangs. Reason: in function GetFolderForGame (zippackageunit) counter does not increment (when you try to select folder Game->Game1->Game2...).
2. Restoring game columns widths:
a) save/load function use ALL columns, but in mode 'not show infocolumns in games list' list has only two columns (name and setup). So on exit/restart program we have access violation. Maybe you should save colwidths in this mode to different ini setting, to evade another problems.
b)The problem with colwidths after setup dialog is not solved fully. Af first when you change column widths and after that call setup dialog - you get columns stores on last program exit. So if you want to change columns you should exit program and DO NOT call setup before that.
Setup dialog is not the only point in question. The function which brings problem is LoadGUISetup (or to be specific InitListViewForGamesList).
In MainUnit you call LoadGUISetup 3 times in MenuWork and one time in TreeViewPopupEditUserFiltersClick, and in MenuWork you once call InitListViewForGamesList directly. I think that in all this places you may store column widthes to some internal variable and after the call restore them if option to restore is setted.

Reply 648 of 2280, by Innomen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Running RC1 Portable. Playing eye of the beholder 2. Not sure if i'm doing it right but i try to remap the keys and all i can do is unbind them despite the keymapper saying they've been bound.

I'm trying to put the movement keys on aswd rather than the number pad. Also the other keyboard commands do not work. Now this may be a problem with the game itself, or dosbox itself, I have no way of knowing, I just figured I'd post here until a better location was shown to me.

I'm really loving this frontend man, it makes dosbox viable imho. Great work.

Reply 649 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi skatz,
thank you again for beta testing. Bugs 1 and 2a are fixed. I will be away from internet most time the next days but anyway will try to look at 2b the next days.

Hi Innomen,
if the keymapper itself is not working right, this is a DOSBox problem. DOSBox 0.72 (or to be a bit more precise the SDL version used by DOSBox 0.72) has some problems with some keyboard drivers (for example Vista and cordless keyboards with media keys). There are several workarounds which sometimes can solve this problem, see forum. In DOSBox 0.73 this problem won't be there anymore. (Already tested some beta version and very gald about this.) But this problems usualy affects only some toggle keys (right shift etc.) and not the whole keymapper. If unbinding/binding is not working at all, there must be a bigger problem.

Anyway, if you want to use aswd as cursor keys at first you should try to use the game setup to do this.

And some last thing (which might affects D-Fend Reloaded): If you have got problems saving the changed mapping settings please look in the DFR setup dialog in the extended DOSBox settings and in the keyboard section of the profile editor for the profile you want to run for the mapper file setting. The keyboard bindings set up by the keyboard mapper in DOSBox are stored in this file. If you have chosen "default" in the profile editor the mapper file from the setup dialog will be used and otherwise the mapper file from the profile will be used when calling DOSBox. (Usualy the profile editor should say "default" and the setup dialog ".\mapper.txt", where ".\" means the default data directory, which is the program base directory on portalbe installations.) If you have defined a file on a not reachable drive here etc. of course this can cause problems in DOSBox.

Reply 650 of 2280, by Innomen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ahhh! Thank you very much. I'll just wait then, till then AutoHotKey is a great work around. Plus I think my version of EOB2 might be a bit iffy.

I can't seem to get Stonekeep to work either. It just hangs at the dos4gw, and Dark legions will not run due to sound issues.

Are abandonware games cracked or do they expect me to have a 10 year old CD?

If anyone can send me or post a working prof file for stonekeep that would rock.

In fact a collection of working prof files would rock. Customizing a working prof file to suit your directory structure and the like would be a lot easier than making one from scratch I would think.

Or have I missed the boat completely. 😀

Have any of you played with autohotkey?

Reply 651 of 2280, by Innomen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

P.S. Why don't dosbox and Dfend simply merge and pool coding efforts? Dfend really makes dosbox accessible to a huge number of gamers intimidated by CLI.

You're doing a really great thing man, I and my mom thank you. (Xcom owns)

Reply 654 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There are other reasons, which have been mentioned in the past.

a) DOSbox and DFR are separate projects and not always in sync. Bugs and mismatches are possible.

b) The DOSBox team acknowledging a particular frontend as "official" could discourage further development of the many other frontends.

c) Etc.

Reply 655 of 2280, by Innomen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Right on, that makes sense.

In relation to my problem I'm tinkering with something called "VDMSound" at the moment that seems to be a decent alternative to dosbox, though I'm sure like everything else its got pros and cons.

Point being I'm pretty sure now my problem is the game itself. (in each case)

VDMSound integrates at a context menu level as well, right click game exe run with etc, of course it is primitive compared to Dfend/dosbox with regard to options.

Thanks 😀

Reply 656 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

VDMSound was a pretty good alternative... back in the days when DOSBox needed a high-end system and wasn't as compatible as it is now. I wouldn't recommend it now, it's not Vista compatible and game compatibility is very lo when compared with DOSBox.

If you're having problems with particular games, I'd advise you to try as different versions of the game as you can and to check the compatibility list at the main site. Chances are others have suffered and solved the same issues before you have.

Reply 657 of 2280, by Innomen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well it's almost impossible to get different versions of these games because the abandon ware sites all seem to feed off of each other.

Example: I've downloaded the exact same EOB2 with like 4 different file names.

As for compatibility and such I only need to to be compatible with like 15 games tops, the ones I played as a kid, I'm not a completest.

At this point the only problem I'm having is that AHK wont report a correct mouse position so I can't automate right clicking, and the only reason I'm using AHK is because the game doesn't seem to have keyboard attacking, I have to click in 4 different spot if I just want my front two party members to attack and that is just dumb. 😜

Thing is, I know the game is supposed to have keyboard alternatives for each mouse command, it says specifically in the manual that every function in the game can be done without a mouse, and those functions (f1 and u or something) do nothing in game, and since keymapper was being flaky I figured I'd try a whole different app, and like I said for EOB2 it works very prettily, except for the exact same positioning issue.

In all other ways for this particular game it's a huge improvement, and easier to troubleshoot since there are way less variables.

Can you recommend a place to get different versions of EOB2? One without a manual check would be awesome.

Reply 658 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can't, the phorum rules are against providing links to abandonware sites.

EDIT: Just tested my copy of the game with the latest DFR, and i had no problem whatsoever in re-mapping the cursor keys to W, S, A and D.

start000.th.png

My guess is that you're not using the keymapper properly. Either you have remapped the joystick keys instead of the cursor keys (the cursor keys are on the left side of the keymapper, and the joystick bindings on the right)), you haven't deleted the current cursor mappings with "del" before remapping them or you forgot to click on "save" before leaving the keymapper.

BTW, next time you run into problems running a game you should create a related thread, this one is for DFR related issues.

Last edited by Neville on 2009-03-18, 11:31. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 659 of 2280, by Innomen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh for the love of... *facepalm* *sigh*

The fear culture is really, Really, getting out of hand. I'm sorry but I just do not see anyone even getting an angry letter over EOB2.

Would a list of google search terms that takes me right to the page via feeling lucky count as a link? Maybe if you put it up in code and use the answer to a triva question as the cipher, or does that STILL count? Maybe you could translate the link into hex and post it that way.

I mean just what is that rule supposed to do? What nanny state logic is behind this "protection"? It's not spam, I asked for advice. And it's not like I asked for a vista activation crack, we're talking about a game written by companies that no longer even exist.

I could probably get the source code, assuming it still exists with a couple phone calls.

Doesn't matter, I'll end up making it work with AHK.

I'm done here, that just disgusted me right off.

I'm no longer monitoring this thread (or this forum probably)

Thanks for the Info in any case 😀

P.S. perhaps i shouldn't have said the word google, I mean i might get sued, I didn't get a letter of permission saying I could use it *bites nails*