Common searches

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 660 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Don't overreact, the phorum rules are what they are, by posting here you should accept to follow them, like them or not.

Personally, I don't like them anymore than you, but if they help to keep the phorum free of legal trouble and "I needz XXX game" threads, that's a very small prize to pay.

Reply 663 of 2280, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Haha i was tempted to clean up the postings here but it should serve
for other people's amusement so not touching it.

Any subsequent postings will be removed without further notice.

Reply 664 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Alexander, ...

I have tested the latest version, ....

= D-Fend Reloaded 0.7RC1 PortableApps package

Also, i have download the latest = dosbox cvs, program.

In D-Fend Reloaded, i see new options, like video memory size, ...

Also dosbox cvs, add some new things =

Like =

vga
hercules
cga
tandy
pcjr
ega
vgaonly
svga_s3
svga_et3000
svga_et4000
svga_paradise
vesa_nolfb
vesa_oldvbe
demovga

-- And others options, ...

Then i have added, some parameters inside "ProfileEditors|Default Values", that the cvs have inside.

---
I dont see bug(s), in that RC1 release.

The only modification, is = to dont show full path, when the installation, is a portable relative version, of D-Fend Reloaded. = I see that insite the options sections.
---
Thanks again, for your softwares, ..
--------------------------
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Reply 665 of 2280, by Innomen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Any subsequent postings will be removed without further notice.

Shock and surprise.

While I have a mod's attention would you please remove my subscription to this thread since I can't do it from my profile page (that i can see) and the link provided with the email notice doesn't appear to work.

The link in question: D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

P.S. Feel absolutely free to delete this post with my blessing after you solve the problem, I would have contacted some kind of support staff but I saw no contact information on the primary page beyond a link to Mr. Snover's page, and it gives me the impression that he doesn't handle this sort of thing.

P.P.S. RC1 Sings.

Reply 666 of 2280, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I didn't even know that it was possible to watch a topic in the first place

Maybe this one works ?
D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

else check
memberlist.php?mode=editprofile
for the always mail me for replies thing

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 667 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
I tried to install DFR on my Vista installation (on Virtual PC) to check GameExplorer feature and failed.
What I found:
a) GameExplorer folder lays not under $APPDATA but under $LOCALAPPDATA. (That is 'Users\Name\AppData\Local instead of Users\Name\AppData\Roaming). Check your system maybe you have both this variables identical (it may be the case without network environment).
BTW, On XP environment LOCALAPPDATA is absent.
b)My NSIS (2.44) cannot check directory existence with 'IfFileExists DIRECTORY\'. I should write 'DIRECTORY' without slash (or maybe 'DIRECTORY\*.*').
With appropriate changes installer works as it should, but maybe that is only on my system, I have no other to check.

Reply 668 of 2280, by Litude

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I'm really enjoying using your frontend. Simply put it is in my opinion the most stable and has all neccessary features. There's one simple request I'd have though, can you add the 1680x1050 resolution into the fullscreen resolution drop-down menu under graphics options? Found a bunch of other widescreen resolutions but the one I'm using seems to have been overlooked.

Reply 669 of 2280, by oolie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Litude wrote:

1680x1050 resolution into the fullscreen resolution drop-down menu under graphics options

Hi, Litude

Well, You can add it yourself in the user folder/D-Fend Reloaded/Settings/ConfOpt.dat file. Just edit it with the notepad and add the desired resolution mode in the second section of the file ([resolution] tag). I have no idea if it will work though - slightly too high res for my monitor to test it 😀

Reply 670 of 2280, by mandark0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
oolie wrote:
Litude wrote:

1680x1050 resolution into the fullscreen resolution drop-down menu under graphics options

Hi, Litude

Well, You can add it yourself in the user folder/D-Fend Reloaded/Settings/ConfOpt.dat file. Just edit it with the notepad and add the desired resolution mode in the second section of the file ([resolution] tag). I have no idea if it will work though - slightly too high res for my monitor to test it 😀

there is a still even more convenient way:
in the program options unter "profile editor" > "default values" (with "mode" set to "advanced")

Reply 672 of 2280, by plutonick

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Alexander wrote:

Hi plutonick,
what do you mean with "Dosbox-scummvm" ? D-Fend Reloaded is not starting ScummVM profiles by using DOSBox in any way. It's starting DOSBox profiles by running DOSBox and ScummVM profiles by running ScummVM. In both cases it creates the configuration file for the emulator and then calls it. DOSBox has no own GUI for the configuration; ScummVM has some GUI which should do nearly the same as D-Fend Reloaded. If you cannot get VGA graphics eighter by running the through D-Fend Reloaded nor by running it directly from the ScummVM GUI, perhaps ScummVM is not yet supporting VGA for this game. ScummVM is still under development and each version is supporting more games and more options for the games. Have you checked the ScummVM compatibility list ?

Hello again. This is exactly what I mean. I can get VGA support when running the game directly through scumvm, but I get no vga support when running it throu d-fend. . I am using Scummvm's latest version.

-EDIT- solved

Ok, i found the solution and i feel kinda stupid

The files included both disk1.vga and disk1.ega. I guess running scumvm running directly chose the vga ones, but scumvm through d-fend chose the .ega ones.

Deleting the .ega files, made running the game through d-fend use vga mode.

Thanks, and sorry for wasting your time 🙁

Reply 673 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

plutonick, if you have both ega and vga Lure files in the same directory, you may add custom ScummVM settings: 'extra=VGA' (or 'extra=EGA'). It may help to distinguish versions.

Reply 674 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

just 4 days away and so many new posts. Luckily most of them have already been answered. So only some words about the remaining things:

First: 2b is still on my todo. (I had some new little bugs and requests via PM the last days).

More default values for different DOSBox versions: In D-Fend Reloaded 0.7 I won't extend the cvs default values lists for videos modes etc. (pcjr, ega and demovga are already supported). If you want to add more values, you can add any value in the default values section. I'll wait for DOSBox 0.73 and add the new values offered in this version to DFR 0.8.

Games explorer: I'm using the game explorer plugin for NSIS to add D-Fend Reloaded to the Vista games explorer: http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Game_explorer
So I'm not writing to $APPDATA or $LOCALAPPDATA explicitely. I'll check this.

IfFileExists: Thanks, I'll fix it. The NSIS manual says "If you want to check to see if a file is a directory, use IfFileExists DIRECTORY\*.*" - I must have skipped this.

Reply 675 of 2280, by mandark0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi alexander!

just a small suggestion: "open program folder" in the context menu of a scummvm-profile is grayed out, and only functional with dosbox-games. i'd find it logical, if this option would open the "game folder" of the scummvm-game.

Reply 676 of 2280, by mandark0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi again!

i tried playing around with custom icons a bit, and came across the following two issues:

- in the file "%DFR_DIR%\Settings\Icons.ini" it is stated: "The filename can be absolute or relative to the D-Fend Reloaded data directory (this directroy)."
afaics thats not the case anymore. the filenames must be relative to "%DFR_DIR%", and not "%DFR_DIR%\Settings"

- in the Icons.ini-file its stated that, "The icons must have 16x16 pixels and can be in bmp, gif, jpg or png format.". but it seems, that only bmp-files are working correctly. i tried using the same 16x16 file as bmp, gif, jpg and png, and only the bmp-file worked. using the other file-formats DFR gave me the error "Ungültige Bildgröße" (invalid picture-size) upon launching. i attached an archive with the icon in all fileformats, so you can try it out. as a sidenote: bmp and jpg are not really perfect as icons, since they dont support transparency. gif and png would be best for that.

Attachments

• Filename
    icons.rar
    File size
    4.74 KiB
    Downloads
    284 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 677 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some little status update:

• Finally: 2b fixed (now DFR is storing the column widths in a temporary variable when showing the setup dialog and in all other cases the games list is reinitialized)
  • Open program folder is now also available for ScummVM and Windows profiles
  • Fixed access violation when closing the profile editor for a new Windows profile without having entered a game file name
  • Updated the info text in the Icons.ini
  • Fixed: Loading icons in non bmp format
  • Fixed: Transparency not working for user defined icons

For a complete changelog of the (not yet released) RC2 see the beta download page. At the moment there are still three things on my list to look at before the release of RC2.

And not to forget one word about transparency in Delphi programs: The Delphi TListView component internally uses images in bmp format so gif/jpeg transparency is not supported at all. TListView is using some other way for transparency: The most left bottom pixel of the image is used as background color. All pixels with this color are interpreted as transparent pixels.

Reply 678 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Again some little status update:
D-Fend Reloaded 0.7 RC2 is nearly done. At the moment I'm just waiting for some new toolbar button images. (Yeah, D-Fend Reloaded will get some nicer GUI images finally.) Because the string list for 0.7 is frozen since beta 2 I could only add some new features not needing new strings. The multiple profiles editor was on my 0.8 todo and doesn't need any new strings so I have improved the multiple profiles editor the last days. In RC2 you will be able to change nearly every profile setting via this editor.

Reply 679 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Alexander, ...

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded 0.7RC1 PortableApps package.
---
I found a screenshot, that inside D-Fend Reloaded, that display = pixel garbage graphics.

= Add this screenshot below, inside a D-Fend Reloaded game profile.

See the file included, ...
---
Still waiting, for the RC2 relase, ...
---
Thanks again, for your softwares, ..
--------------------------
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Attachments

• Links Golf 386 Pro 000.png
    Filename
    Links Golf 386 Pro 000.png
    File size