VOGONS

Windows 95 and CDs.

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 25 of 29, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You have to use windows installer 1.5 (daemon tools doesn't want to work with 2.0 or 2.0 doesn't install properly)
Firstly I have installed 1.5 and later 2.0 on it, and that is why i thought 2.0 works. But when I installed 2.0 only it doesn't work. So you have to use 1.5.

I used Daemon Tools 3.47 (available on official www)

X-Wing 95 works with CD audio music 😀

Reply 26 of 29, by Gadget2006

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
robertmo wrote:

X-Wing 95 works with CD audio music 😀

Can you please post instructions (at least concise) as to what exactly you installed in Win 95 and how in order to get X-W 95 to run in DOSBox? What components did you have to install (e.g. the USB supplement, DAEMON tools, etc.), and how you installed it if it was non-intuitive, how you got the CD image for X-Wing 95 into DOSBox etc.? All of this is very interesting to me, I have X-W 95 as well and I may be willing to take the extreme experiment of running it in DOSBox (a friend of mine still has the original Win 95 that came with his old DOS PC, we might be able to try and install it in DOSBox and then try X-Wing)

Reply 27 of 29, by peter723pan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the same problem today , I figure out now, Alcohol 120% uses some dll files
that integerated along with IE in all other later version Windows.
You Install IE 5.5 that solves the problem.
By the way, old version Alcohol 120% is the only choice for emulating a cdrom . Daemon tools ,
Ah, even I found the USBsupp.exe driver. It did install , but buged. Windows 95 has 30% chance freezing
when reading virtual cdrom. When it happens, restart the Dosbox that is the only thing you can do.