VOGONS

Old CD Magazines / Magazine CDs for download

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 78, by aleksej

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is here any kind of interest in foreign magazines? I have a couple of russian CD magazines named "SBG Magazine" which dedicated to PC games by mid 90. In russian language, with cute graphical shell (designed for DOS), game screenshots and background MOD-like music.

Reply 41 of 78, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
aleksej wrote:

Is here any kind of interest in foreign magazines? I have a couple of russian CD magazines named "SBG Magazine" which dedicated to PC games by mid 90. In russian language, with cute graphical shell (designed for DOS), game screenshots and background MOD-like music.

I think it would be cool to see that, and perhaps you could upload the mod files too, so we could listen to the mods 😀

Reply 42 of 78, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Very cool to put those disks up, I never thought about that...

-96 PC Gamer CD has the rare zip (rare as in the original, not repacked) version of Quake v0.91 shareware, and its 0.92 patch

Hehe I have this disk. 😀

I took some pics of some of my cover discs :

You have almost as many as I do. 😁 Hey Davros you want to make a trade for that Trust Voodoo Dragon 2 disk, I have a pair of those in SLI and it would be sweet to have an original disk to go with them.

Edit: Holy cow 1500 cover disks? Never mind you win. 😳

Reply 48 of 78, by Funsox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

CD-ROM Today
For PC & Mac. They still work on XP but are originally for Win 3.x and Mac OS 7.x (i guess)

theDISC! 2 (7-94)

Is this the magazine CD from the UK magazine published by Future Publishing ?

Funsox

Reply 49 of 78, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Anyone thinking of buying these ? 😎

(me, I just 'need' a couple of them, but they don't ship outside US, oh well...)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem … e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Reply 50 of 78, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bestemor wrote:

Anyone thinking of buying these ? 😎

(me, I just 'need' a couple of them, but they don't ship outside US, oh well...)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem … e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Me too, the only one that interests me is the sept. 97 disk, that's the only disk I am missing out of that year. I was ripping the entire 97' series up till the point I noticed I didn't have Sept. 😢
I have a little more from 96' then this guy and I have up to year 2005 when I stopped my subscription I'm thinking.

Reply 51 of 78, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

When I got back into Retro PC gaming greatness back in 2006 I started hording all the PC Gamer Demo disk auctions on Ebay that I could find. I have pretty much every disc from 94 till 2007ish?

What ticked me off is when they started doing Holiday or "Special" releases, it really screws up my list of what to get. Does anyone have a complete list?

Ultimately I'm going to make a huge 4x5 foot frame (or similar size) with all the sleeve art 😀

Dell Optiplex Gxpro: Built solely so I could re-live my SB16 days properly with newly acquired sound pieces: MT-32, SCB-55, and DB50xg 😀

Reply 52 of 78, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I just spotted this PC games magazine on ebay. The auction title is "PC Gamer Issue 46 + CD [Aug 1997] "3Dfx comes of age"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt … em=110471248175

Reply 53 of 78, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Interesting fact about cdgamer coverdiscs
jan 98 and march 98 are both labeled 53

and now a question:
Q: Do you love me retro
A: Yes you do..

I thought that pc-gamer looked familliar so I had a mooch and found the cover disc

ps: not mentioned anywhere on the cd is the I-force patch (forcefeedback patch) for the normal + virge versions of descent

pps: the eyewitness section is just screenshots

46214810.jpg

dd1u.jpg

dd2s.jpg

dd3d.jpg

dd4j.jpg

Reply 56 of 78, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sort out somewhere for me to send it and it shall be yours 😉

ps: Pc Format magazine coverdisc number 80 march 1998
Wing Commander Prophecy
new demo with four exclusive missions
(dont know how exclusive they are)

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 58 of 78, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've been trying to summon the desire to peg my home upload rate for the hours needed to upload a CD image. 😁 You would probably be about the 5th person to download those huge files. They haven't been very popular to say the least.

Are you sure your download isn't just corrupt? Nobody has mentioned it being corrupt until you. 😀