VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Yushatak

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

DOS/4GW doesn't work right on my system due to it's configuration. This hasn't been a problem so far 'cuz DOS/32A works fine and it can replace DOS/4GW easily. I rebound the SC2000.exe file and ran Sim City 2000 after installing it, and it worked fine, no surprise.

I proceeded to start a new town and hit the Zoom in button since I was unable to see anything too well. Upon doing this, cyan jibberish text randomly overlapped the picture about halfway from the top, and the machine was unresponsive, except to ctrl+alt+delete.

Can someone confirm that SC2K doesn't work with DOS/32A? Any solutions? Is there any other way to fix the "not enough memory" error that DOS/4GW will throw on a JemmEx-based system with 768K EMS and 19M XMS? Does DOS/4GW want EMS?

Thanks.

Edit: Oh and the reason I'd like someone to confirm is since I can't test with DOS/4GW, I don't know if there's something wrong with my copy or the replacement with DOS32/A.

Reply 3 of 3, by Yushatak

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

After bypassing the apparent crash DOSBox experiences when trying to install SimCity 2000, I tested it in DOSBox with DOS/4GW and DOS/32A and it does seem that DOS/32A is the culprit. I contacted the maintainer of DOS/32A and for now will just go with an older version of SimCity I guess.