VOGONS

First post, by redblade7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'd like to see something like Z:\CYCLES.COM where you could manually adjust the cycles.

It would be much easier for people (like myself) who default to full screen mode, instead of having to Alt-Enter out, just to see the current cycle count while adjusting with the function keys, and then going back in.

What do you think?

-redblade7

Rogue Central @ coredumpcentral.org

Reply 4 of 9, by frobme

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

you see it in the manual

Really? Because 'grep -i "cycles" README.txt' disagrees, and it's not discussed in the "CPU Cycles" section of the manual, where most people would look.

Glad DosFreak helped him out though. I'd be happy to add the lines to manual if folks want.

-Frob

Reply 5 of 9, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://www.dosbox.com/DOSBoxManual.html#CONFIG
unless you would like to describe every single line of .conf file all over the manual (also explaining for many of them that they require saving .conf first and dosbox restart to work and saving .conf from inside of dosbox is not really easy on most often used configurations (winvista/7).
By the way, quickly entering window mode and back is way easier than typing so not much use for this particular setting i think

But I think I will try modifying DOSBoxManual.html#CONFIG section of the readme with some more info indeed.

thanks for noticing

Reply 6 of 9, by Zirias

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The question was not about the config file but about a dos-command with the ability to change this emulator setting. And I think this would be really useful, espacially for creating batch-files to start the individual games installed in dosbox 😀 As I can already mount the correct .iso from the .bat, it would be just consequent to also set the needed cycles value.