A Question For All You Console Emulator Buff's

Emulation of old consoles and arcades

Re: A Question For All You Console Emulator Buff's

Postby Waxxxz018 » 2004-9-18 @ 22:24

in reply to Banquo - Macintosh - Basilisk II (68k)

How is that Mac project coming along? What Mac OS is it running now? I have been interested in Basilisk II since it was in it's 1st beta form. How does it run for you?

Nice selection of Emu! It's great to see another fellow Emu nut like myself! :happyhappy:

:dead: Waxxxz018 :dead:
---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---
Waxxxz018

Postby Banquo » 2004-9-19 @ 02:44

The Windows port of Basilisk II hasn't been updated in ages; the person who was maintaining lost interest. I hear the Linux port is still being updated pretty often, but I think it's still limited to running OS 8.6 at the moment. It's open source so I'm surprised that no one has compiled the latest code for Windows. Pear PC has been coming along nicely; it runs OS X. The only problem is it takes an extremely fast PC to run it at the moment. Basilisk II runs great for me though. I have OS 8.1 and OS 7.5.5 installed and use it mostly for playing old Mac games. Most of them work well enough. :)
Banquo

Postby Kaminari » 2004-9-19 @ 14:06

The Dig and Sinkha run great with Basilisk on my P3/667 :cool:
Kaminari
Oldbie

Postby JustAGamer » 2007-6-02 @ 06:01

ScummVM for some point and click adventure games, jDoom for Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, Heretic, and Hexen, NEStopia for NES emulation, ZSNES for SNES emulation, Project64 for N64 emulation, ePSXe for PS1 emulation, VisualboyAdvance for Gameboy/Gameboy Color/Gameboy Advance, no$gba for DS emulation, Kega Fusion for Gamegear, Master System, Genesis, 32x, and Sega CD, Magicengine for Turbografx 16/PC-Engine games (Castlevania - Rondo of Blood), MAME32+ for arcade games. DOSBox for DOS games, and finally eduke32 for duke nukem 3d and possibly blood and shadow warrior support in the future (snag the high res pack for duke nukem 3d while you're at it)
That's all I got. Hopefully this'll get you started :-)
JustAGamer

Postby bugs_bugger » 2007-6-02 @ 15:54

Nobody using Kawaks here? It's really nice, much better than mame for cps2. Kaillera support, many scalers, 68k debugger, tile viewer, musik ripping is also fun. I love Xmen children of the Atom, sfa3 and Super puzzle fighter 2X.
bugs_bugger

Postby Devil Master » 2007-9-06 @ 18:00

Add these to the list:

Sony:
PS1 - PSXEven (it runs some games ePSXe cannot run)
PS2 - PCSX2 (it's still slow, but it's a start)

Sega:
Saturn - Cassini 4.0 (not very compatible, but you can increase the resolution); SSF (VERY compatible, although you cannot increase the resolution and ironically, hi-res games run at a lower resolution than low-res games)
Dreamcast - Chankast (quite compatible, it supports joypads); nullDC (more compatible than Chankast, but it does not support joypads)
Model 2 - ElSemi's Model 2 Emulator

Nintendo:
Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance - VisualBoy Advance
Nintendo DS - DesMuMe and Ideas (they're not very compatible yet, but they're very promising)

Atari:
Jaguar - Project Tempest

Various 3D accelerated arcade machines:
Zinc
Devil Master

Postby Keatah » 2010-8-04 @ 20:34

Vice for commodore 64/vic20
stella for atari 2600
Atari emulator 2.5 or altirra 1.7 for atari 400/800
Mess for vectrex and astrocade
applewin for apple ][+ and //e
Keatah

Postby peterferrie » 2010-8-06 @ 14:49

Kegs for Apple IIGS, except that the palette is wrong in double-hires (not that you'd know it if you're not familiar with the original).

I always preferred Nestopia for NES stuff.
peterferrie

Postby sliderider » 2010-8-06 @ 22:41

Kaminari wrote:Could it be that Qbix is talking about the PC Engine? :)

PC Engine=TurboGrafx16 in USA. I actually have a clone of a PC Engine with the CD ROM module AND the case for mounting the two units together.
sliderider
l33t

Previous

Return to Console & Arcade Emulation