Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 200 of 1913, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Today i went to the Caritas again to drop off some stuff we don't need anymore and others might need. Been looking through their games and found some neat stuff, though all not necessarily complete with box and guide.
- Wing Comander II (in the EA presents CD-Rom Classics double jewel case)
- Tomb Raider
- GTA2 (just the CD-Rom)
- Outpost
- Genewars
- Iron Man / X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal (quickly looked it up on mobygames... wow this game has really bad graphics for a game released in 1996)
- Beneath a Steel Sky
- Simon the Sorcerer (CD-Rom in jewel case and b/w cover/instructions book)
- Strike Comander / Privateer in black EA box without cover but all the instruction books
- Decent 2 + Box
- Black Isle Compilation Box Part Two (Baldur's Gate I/II + Icewind Dale I/II (each with expansion, except IDII) - Box + the CD(or DVDs), no manuals
- Gothic II CD2 and expansion Set

All this for 26 Euros 😀
- American McGee's Alice

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 201 of 1913, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I found Serious Sam, Rebel Assault II, and Torin's Passage in a Value Village nearby for $3.99 each (CAD). I also saw X-Wing Collector's CD-ROM there as well but I already have it. Too bad, as it was the full colour disc and I only have the purple-ink disc. I have the full-colour disc of Tie Fighter CD-ROM so it would have been nice to have both. But oh well.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 202 of 1913, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A February 1999 issue of Computer Gaming World magazine. Too bad the game itself died prematurely. 😵

cgwfeb99-buy01-pic01.jpg

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 204 of 1913, by AlienBZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Whoo-hoo, Operation Desert Storm - wow, sounds like you're in for a lot of fun with this one, Amigaz! I think this may be based on the troops who were fighting in Iraq during the Aug. 2, 1990 - Feb. 1991 Operation Desert Storm Champaign?

Tell me, when was it released (just curious)?

Reply 205 of 1913, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
AlienBZ wrote:

Whoo-hoo, Operation Desert Storm - wow, sounds like you're in for a lot of fun with this one, Amigaz! I think this may be based on the troops who were fighting in Iraq during the Aug. 2, 1990 - Feb. 1991 Operation Desert Storm Champaign?

I think that is an add-on-only for Tornado? 1994.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 206 of 1913, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Malik wrote:
AlienBZ wrote:

I think that is an add-on-only for Tornado? 1994.

Yep, it's an expansion for the orignal game
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/tornado-ope … on-desert-storm_

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 210 of 1913, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here's today haul which didn't cost me an arm and a leg which often vintage PC games do here since they are very rare because the Amiga, Atari, C64 and Sega Megadrive ruled the games market until the mid 90's

4897a3119661271.jpg

Reply 212 of 1913, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Very nice. Did you buy these games locally? Roughly, how many original PC games have you got? Are you buying more games these days, as opposed to getting more old hardware?

Reply 213 of 1913, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
retro games 100 wrote:

Very nice. Did you buy these games locally? Roughly, how many original PC games have you got? Are you buying more games these days, as opposed to getting more old hardware?

Yep, bought them locally...it's not often you come by old PC games here in Sweden since the PC wasn't successful here as a gaming platform back then but this time I was lucky 😀

I mostly buy games nowdays since I've gone thru my "retro hardware testing trials" some time ago and kind of made up my mind on what machines to use for the games.

Reply 214 of 1913, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just bought ATAC: The Secret War Against Drugs on ebay. The seller only provided stock photo, so I had to take all the pics myself after the game arrived.

ATAC-buy01-pic01.jpg

ATAC-buy01-pic02.jpg

ATAC-buy01-pic03.jpg

ATAC-buy01-pic04.jpg

ATAC-buy01-pic05.jpg

Reply 215 of 1913, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Amigaz wrote:
Some more classics for my collection: […]
Show full quote

Some more classics for my collection:

misc107.jpg

Man, I love those big boxes 😁

Anyway, bought Sacred Gold yesterday...stupid addictive RPG's...🤣!

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 218 of 1913, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Oh I had Silent Thunder!

I was impressed, but for some reason didn't get into it. I think I found it quite difficult.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 219 of 1913, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The latest port was March. Nobody buys old games anymore? 🙁

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.