VOGONS

First post, by the_creep

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Heya, hoping someone can help me, Trying to Run the old classic game Dreamweb thru DosBox, It runs fine, sound and all except for one thing, the game screen is drifted over to the left of the screen, meaning about an Inch of the Game screen is cropped off. Does anyone know why its doing this? is it fixable? the game works fine in all other aspects.

Reply 2 of 10, by the_creep

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yep, I am running full screen, I've also played with all the screen settings in the monitor, and my other dos games are lined up on the screen perfectly, which is why I'm so confused... I've included a screenshot to show you what I mean, You can see the text is cut off...

Attachments

• dw.jpg
    Filename
    dw.jpg
    File size
    9.47 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 5 of 10, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
the_creep wrote:

Damn, so theres nothing I can do? *sigh* oh well guess I'll just go back to trying to get Xcom:Ufo to work *sob*

thanks for the input though guys, I'm really impressed with this site

try the cvs version
http://www.pixelz.org

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 6 of 10, by the_creep

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks!!! The CVS version worked like a charm, no more cropped screen 😀 on that note, I also got Xcom: UFO to work on it! although it seems rather slow and stuttery, but I have'nt really fiddled, thanks again!

Reply 10 of 10, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by the_creep What I've rather done is got Xcom gold, which is a windows port, that plays fine as long as you disable directdraw

Actually, the Windows version still has speed-sensitivity issues (just not as bad as the DOS version) and still has "Drop-to-Desktop" issues.

Part of the reason some have been trying so hard to get it running in DosBox is because the DOS version (when run in a speed-controlled environment) appears to be more stable.