VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zardoz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was checking out that link you always have to that big list of glide games and I was hoping you could tell me a bit more about how it works. For instance if I modify a game to say it "needs" Glidos is this a way to make a request for a game I would like to see on Glidos or is this supposed to be checked by someone who knows more about api's than I do. I have several older 3dfx/Glide titles and I can check weither they support Direct 3d, Open GL, Glide etc. if that's what this list is for and if that's a help. Just not quite sure what I'm looking at here. I like to help where I can but thought I'd check before I started mucking about.😁

Reply 1 of 6, by Zardoz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

or should "needs Glidos" only be checked if Glidos already supports that game. Wouldn't all these old titles support software mode? Sorry if I being dense or missing something obvious here. 😀

Reply 2 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Good point. And I must admit I don't really know the answer. I guess it should have "needs Glidos" if its a DOS game, and "supported by OpenGLide" if it already works with Glidos (since OpenGLide is at the heart of Glidos.

One thing, the way to request we look at the game is to start a thread. I don't think anybody regularly checks the list.

Reply 5 of 6, by Schadenfreude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thought: Replace the word "OpenGlide" with "Glide" (or "Windows Glide") and "Needs GliDOS" with "DOS Glide", no "Needs".

This makes the list readable by users of other wrappers, or something. Less specific, more general.

Still, I understand why the words "OpenGlide" and "GliDOS" are there - promotion! And support!

Still...

Maybe:
Add column for "Works in" Glidos, OpenGlide, etc. checkboxes?
Add comments field?
Make more like Vlad's compat or NTCompatible (or mix between)?
Want to list compatibility of other wrappers, in multiple OS's, with various video cards? Good idea for longevity and popularity of list!