VOGONS

Bloodmoney

Topic actions

First post, by parapente

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First of all I want to thank you for all the effort you put in helping people run old games on newer systems and especially at the OS of their choice 😉 . Keep up the good work!
I tried to run a rather old game (1989) named Bloodmoney but it doesn't work. I get the image that appears before the game loads and then dosbox freezes and I get a lot of "Unhandled code 1D1" error messages. Any ideas? I use the latest cvs version of dosbox in linux. The files have rw permissions for the user and are all in upper case.

PS. You can add one more protected mode game in your success list. Raptor: Call of the Shadows seems to work just fine with the latest cvs version 😎 . Maybe I should take a screenshot and post in the appropriate thread...

Reply 2 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by eL_PuSHeR I recommend you check the Amiga version, though.

*cough*amigaversionismuchmuchbetter*cough*
Having said that, it still suffers from "music or sound effects" syndrome (an unforgiveable sin for an Amiga game) and "lose all power-ups in 5 seconds syndrome". That and it ignored extra floppy drives...

Reply 3 of 5, by parapente

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for your replies! The amiga version may be much better but it can't beat the sensation of being young once again, playing one of the games that I saw on a PC for the first time 😀 . I remember myself playing this game on my cousin's PC (I still had my CPC 6128 that time), a mere 286 but with a VGA card! 😁 Other games that I played on that PC and I loved then were Dave Dangerous, Xenon II and Commander Keen I. However those games are playable in dosbox and I think the work just fine even on a new PC with WinXP. They are a bit newer games than Bloodmoney:D . Maybe the version I have has it's exe corrupted. I'll try to find another one on the net.

Reply 4 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

good idea
especially if the error messages are created by the program and not by dosbox.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 5, by parapente

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Unfortunately I found the game on only one site and it gave me exactly the same error message 😠 . The error message comes from dosbox not the game (I get it at the linux terminal). After about 30 lines of the same error message dosbox hangs and I have to run "kill -9 dosbox" to get it killed.