VOGONS

First post, by jeuer574

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I having trouble with dosbox, while it can't find some files, when I try to run several games. the strange is, when I look in my folder it's there. could somebody have an answer to how I fix this ?? thx !
(sry if my english is bad!)

Reply 2 of 13, by BastetFurry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@jeuer574:
dosbox wont recognise changes from outside as it puffers the directory structure.
Simple solution: dont rumage inside your dos dir if you are running dosbox. First close it, make your changes and then restart it.

Reply 3 of 13, by jeuer574

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

for example when I try to run "jetpack" it says: "can't find JETPACK0.DAT". When I look in the folder then it's in the folder..
another example. when I try to start the game called "boloball" DOSbox says: "boloball is missing som files
Missing: BOLOBALL.EXE BOLOBALL.OV0 BOLOBALL.OV1 BOLOBALL.0V2 BOLOBALL.OV3" and this is also the folder, it's the .exe-files I try to run.

I am using a HP Mini 110-1100 (notebook), with Windows7 starter 32-bit, 1 GB RAM and 1.60 GHz... another you want to know ?? but I can't see that this should be the problem.. I hope that the two examples could help you, so you maybe can help me 😀

@BasketFurry
I haven't change anything in the folders I have downloaded, just looked at them and thought "the missing files are there" 😖 or maybe, I haven't understood you right ..

Reply 4 of 13, by BastetFurry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thats Bastet. Look at that shiny T! 😲

Now back to your problem...
How are you trying to start your games?
From the dosbox prompt with a mounted directory?

Reply 5 of 13, by h-a-l-9000

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

> downloaded

We do not support pirated games here.

1+1=10

Reply 6 of 13, by jeuer574

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

sorry, bastetFurry !

yes, I mount to the directory, so when I start the game, only have to type in the .exe name..

Reply 7 of 13, by jeuer574

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@h-a-l-9000
sorry, but I got it from a freeware site, so I thought it was okay ... ?

Reply 8 of 13, by Hater Depot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Jetpack has been freeware'd. OP could have the shareware version of Boloball.

Korea Beat -- my cool translation blog.

Reply 9 of 13, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sounds like the path has changed from when it was installed. Maybe you mounted the game's own folder instead of a containing folder.

Reply 10 of 13, by jeuer574

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

so what should I do ? I should mount what ?
should I "mount c c:\users\xxx\games\" and then run "jetpack\jetpack" ? (first is folder, and second is the .exe file)
but that doesn't work, same file is missing.. 😖

Reply 11 of 13, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That should work. I Mount C C:\DOS\GAMES, change to JETPACK, then launch JETPACK.EXE.

Reply 12 of 13, by jeuer574

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SKARDAVNELNATE wrote:

That should work. I Mount C C:\DOS\GAMES, change to JETPACK, then launch JETPACK.EXE.

THANK YOU ! now jetpack works 😁