VOGONS

terminator future shock crashing

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 29, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

There was a directory cache problem with TFS when transitioning between certain levels and loading saved games that is fixed in current source. However, the problem caused DOSBox to crash, not the game itself, so might not be the issue here.

Are any non-default settings being used in DOSBox? In particular, has memsize been changed?

Reply 23 of 29, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

If you didn't change anything, then you're using defaults.

Generally you should use the default of memsize=16. If you feel like experimenting you can try more: 24, or 32.

BTW, the directory cache problem I mentioned before, that was with SkyNET, not Future Shock; got them mixed up.

Reply 26 of 29, by sammyjammy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

got qustion. i start new game got back to the level were you kill bishop.
and it work. i reload my old game and it crash.

is it maybe the saved data? if you look at the dosbox status window on my old game it reads DYNX86:Cant run code in this page!

Reply 28 of 29, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You should know that these Terminator games are insanely buggy. They crash for any number of reasons. It's unfortunate because they are cool games. The patches don't do jack really.

Bethesda couldn't make a stable game back then. Their recent stuff might still have bugs but it is not even remotely close to as bad as what they did in the '90s.

Reply 29 of 29, by sammyjammy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yeah it shame so i guess best bet is to start new game, and skip some the missions i beat. wich was all them but one cause i blew up the bridge and was stuck on the wrong side 🤣. but i beat every other level up to point were i kill bishop.

sucks this game haves problem i like terminator.