VOGONS

Reply 24 of 31, by Anapan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've created disk images from my original disk.
If this isn't OK, I'll preemptively ask the mods to please delete this post.

I'm posting it here because this is the only place I could find with any conversation about Game Wizard that's recent.

http://www3.telus.net/anapan8/Game%20Wizard.htm

Reply 25 of 31, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

ah, another fellow GW user.... the world itself seems to have forgotten this awesome tool!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 26 of 31, by Anapan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

🤣! I just realized my name's embedded in it. Kinda a bad/stupid thing if you think about it. This post has gotten a fair amount of views since I posted since this is where Google dumps people who are searching for it. Can anyone edit the image file(s) to remove my real name?
I don't wanna take the files down since it's really the only way to acquire the final 3.0A update. It might be a challenge since those guys probably did some trickery aside from the 20% bad sector copy protection. They did go on to co-author Soft ICE, and obviously know what they're doing.
PM me if you can help, thanks.

norefuge7.png
attitude1.png

Reply 27 of 31, by jomalin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Anapan! In your website:
http://www3.telus.net/anapan8/Game%20Wizard.htm

You forget to put the floppy drive, so the line:
imgmount c:\dos\gwp30a.ima -t floppy

Must be for example:
imgmount a: c:\dos\gwp30a.ima -t floppy

And also an ortographical error, you wrote "the" two times:
In order to install the the loose...

THANKS FOR YOUR WEBSITE!

Reply 29 of 31, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I get "Error: File not found." when trying to install the loose install files via INSTALL.EXE after using SUBST or mount in DOSBox 0.74 to map the files to the virtual A: drive so that I can install to a virtual C: drive.

Looks like the disk image works, though, so I'm not sure what the point of the loose installer files is?

Edit: Works in DOSBox 0.74 while running Elder Scrolls: Arena, but when I try to do a memory search that includes more than just conventional memory it seems to get stuck at 1%. Fortunately Arena seems to store my hit points in conventional memory 😀

Reply 30 of 31, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

There's a workaround for the memory search issue:
DosBox 0.74 hangs using GW 3.0a using any Range except Conv
Stops it from hanging, but didn't test if searching the other memory really works or not.

Reply 31 of 31, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks. Unfortunately Arena requires EMS (XMS is not sufficient, nor is having only conventional memory).

Fortunately, however, it seems that Arena puts the important stuff in conventional memory (in fact, if you re-load a saved game too many times during a session, you'll eventually get an "Insufficient Base Memory!" error and then it will exit back to the DOS prompt), and the GameWizard memory scan works if I restrict it to conventional memory only.