VOGONS

First post, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi

Few months ago i had bought an roland midi SCC1 version B with 354 sounds.
You can use this card as MPU-401 modus or can make it emulation of de MT-32 sound module..

I want to know how much games are supporting this card?. I only know it works on de Mortal kombat series.. but doesn`t know which games are supported also?

I thinking by my self its better to use it as an emulated MT-32 device because there are more titles that are using the mt32 then as mpu-401 device..i think..

Reply 1 of 6, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think it is like this: MPU-401 is the interface to MT-32 or General Midi.
So you use the MPU-401 interface in any case.
And for MT-32 vs General Midi: plenty games us MT-32, but starting from 1992 games switch from MT-32 music to Midi music instead.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 2 of 6, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It depends what game you play. If the game only suports MT32 (old Sierra games, Wing Commander) then use MT32 mode. For games that support general MIDI use that instead. Some games support both general MIDI and MT32, usually GM will give better results but its worth trying both.

As gerwin said, MPU401 actually refers to the MIDI interface for both modes, and other MIDI devices that support the MPU401 interface, although it sounds like in this case they are using it to refer to the general MIDI mode of the card.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 3 of 6, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does anybody know there are drivers for this card? I only getting the utility disk v2.0 with it..
So if i want to use the MT32 emu mode then i need always to set it with the utility disk? Isnt there an simple way to switch it MT32 emu mode and back?
And do i need to make an connection from this scc-1 card to my other soundcard? Or does the data getting over the ISA bus through my Sound Blaster?

Reply 4 of 6, by batracio

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here is my Roland stuff. Most of it, if not all, should be SCC-1 compatible:

Attachments

• Filename
    Roland.7z
    File size
    1.58 MiB
    Downloads
    409 downloads
    File comment
    Some drivers and utilities for Roland SCC-1 and other MPU-401 interfaces.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 5 of 6, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

thank you, what do i need to install to let this card work? Iam using dos 6.22, windows 3.11 wfw and later on win98se..

I haved looked on my box, its an Roland ssc-1 with 317 sounds en not the B version 354 sounds..

Last edited by Robin4 on 2011-04-20, 20:10. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 6 of 6, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Robin4 wrote:

thank you, what do i need to install to let this card work? Iam using dos 6.22, windows 3.11 wfw and later on win98se..

Nothing, it just works.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul