VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Jivren

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Playing wolfenstein or blake stone the keys end up stuck turning left when I use multiple keys at once. Anybody else have this prob?

Reply 1 of 7, by Jivren

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's really random when it actually sticks. Stops sticking when I press another button.

I have a dual core processor in my dell laptop with an ati integrated graphics card.

I was just gonna play through the whole game and ignore it but seeing as it does the same thing on blake stone I assume its a problem with dosbox and I thought I would ask.

Reply 2 of 7, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

does it still happen if you reassign the movement/turning keys (e.g. use the keypad, or a completely different place on the keyboard)?

how about playing with the cycles?

Reply 3 of 7, by Jivren

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Set the keys to I K J L and yeah it still did the same thing. Played with the cycles a tiny bit, but could try experimenting with em a little more.

Wonder if dosbox might have a limit to how many keys that it can handle being pressed at a time?
I'd just use a mouse instead but I'm using a touchpad so yeah.

Reply 6 of 7, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'd suggest looking up a keypress test utility (one of those things that show you on-screen which keys are pressed/released), there should be many of those for all operating systems. Run one in DOSbox, run one natively on your host OS, see if in any/both cases it fails to take note of released keys.

Maybe do a quick web search and check whether SDL has known problems with the keyboard on your specific laptop model and OS.