VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by yelloe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi...anyone can help? i am encountering trouble now in dosbox. at first i was so glad that i able to run my program at dosbox in windows 7, but eventually it just stop running at all..everytime i mounted the drive and at the bottom of window dosbox there it says "BOSS Stub Version 3.2 Copyright (c) 1990, 1991 Borland International".. and i think thats the one that blocks the dosbox from opening to c++ program.. but my problem is, what does that statement means?.. and how can i run again c++ from dosbox...

problem goes like this:
-- mounted d c:\
-- d:
-- cd tc
-- cd bin
-- tc or tc.ece
"BOSS Stub Version 3.2 Copyright (c) 1990, 1991 Borland International"

i would really appreciated any help coming from anyone else.. please help me..thanks.

Attachments

• Filename
    dosboxatpaint.png
    File size
    123.15 KiB
    Downloads
    228 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Mount c instead of d perhaps?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 9, by yelloe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

no actually the first time i followed the instructions got from some net source it was successfully runs, i was in fact run few programs already but (same input just until tc or tc.exe) after a day or two i guess just same time when i got trouble with my audio output device that says no "no audio output device connected", when i able to searched for solution for the audio thing and same time when i was still doing my program at dosbox, when i tried to run again my program and there it just went off.. i lost the window of dosbox and when i tried again to mount just same thing and there it goes at the bottom just after "tc or tc.exe" when i press enter "BOSS Stub Version 3.2 Copyright (c) 1990, 1991 Borland International" comes next to the promt... and i wonder now what does that mean that which i cannot again open c++ on dosbox..

thus, mounted d to c was just the right thing, maybe there has just something wrong with it..
please help me to fix it..
looking forward for your answers.. thanks..

Reply 5 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Then start all over and follow the original instructions again.
It's not your fault but your English is hard to understand and that you don't seem to end your sentences doesn't help.

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 6 of 9, by yelloe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ohhh, sorry for my grammar, but i think whats just made it too complicated are the terms of words i uses...i just cant find the right way of explaining it.. 😀 ..sorry..

but back to the issue: i've already tried to uninstalled dosbox and download again, mounted again, but still same it didn't work out... 😖

should i uninstall also the TC?

Reply 8 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Yes, you mentioned a guide you followed. Follow THAT. If that involves installing then do that...