VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Irmo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Gee, I am so out of configuring DOS

I got Master of Magic to run the intro with VDMS, however, the program stops afterwards complaining about too little memory. Now, I got plenty of RAM, but obviously, it's talkin about the good old 640 kB block. How should I tweak VDMS to get this running?

Thanks

Reply 4 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Irmo I got Master of Magic to run the intro with VDMS, however, the program stops afterwards complaining about too little memory. Now, I got plenty of RAM, but obviously, it's talkin about the good old 640 kB block. How should I tweak VDMS to get this running?

Presuming it is conventional memory (not EMS) and you can live with the "pause" effect in combat, try turning off features that you aren't using: Joystick emulation, any CD-ROM support (presuming you're running the floppy version), etc...

I think you can also turn off DOSX (DPMI support), that would save about 33k...

Reply 5 of 5, by Irmo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nicht Sehr Gut wrote:

Presuming it is conventional memory (not EMS) and you can live with the "pause" effect in combat, try turning off features that you aren't using: Joystick emulation, any CD-ROM support (presuming you're running the floppy version), etc...

I think you can also turn off DOSX (DPMI support), that would save about 33k...

Thanks, I got it working in the meantime using the advice posted by 'swingnchad' at the Master of Magic Resource Center at classicgaming.com (Though I copied the autoexec.nt into the game's directory and changed the program settings to look for it there.) It works pretty well, only movement in combats is somewhat slow.

The url is http://www.classicgaming.com/mom/board/topic. … &topic_id=55134

The post by swingnchad was made 12 July 2003 13:9 PST and is currently the last on that board.