VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 80 of 85, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Menkau_ra wrote:

And what's the resolution? Mine 110CT has 800x480.

640x480, and it should double the pixels to display 320x200 as 640x400.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog

Reply 81 of 85, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Menkau_ra wrote:

50CT is the slowest one. Try to find 110CT with 64MB ram, it would be way more expencive.

Is speed really an issue?

I though this is for DOS games?

Reply 82 of 85, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ah come on you guys need somethin with a passive matrix or dual scan LCD. Experience mobile DOS gaming as it truly was. 😁 Bllllluuuuurrrrrrrrrr...... letterboxed... (or jagged and nasty from pixel stretch)

Watch the LCD on this mid/late '90s notebook. Oh man the good old days. 🤣
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbcshrOrnvA

You can still see this a little on modern LCDs when they're cold.

Reply 83 of 85, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Would anyone be interested in a loaded Libretto 100CT? I have every option for it, including both docking stations 64MB RAM and a 2GB CF card to replace the hard drive. It's basically tricked out to the Max. Has Win95 and WFWG.

I made it a project to max it out, spend a lot of money searching eBay and once I finished it, I realize I never used it. Any reasonable offers considered.

Reply 84 of 85, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
valnar wrote:

and once I finished it, I realize I never used it.

Don't you hate that 🤣

For me the researching, buying and building part is often more fun than using it...

Reply 85 of 85, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yah, just like I enjoy tweaking the config.sys to play Ultima even more than the game. 😉

Nevertheless, if anyone wants a top-notch Libretto for classic DOS games, I will lose money on this. My loss is your gain.