VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Hater Depot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was at the local big-box office supplies store with my wife this evening and saw that they were selling Radeon 9250's.... for $74.99 each.

Korea Beat -- my cool translation blog.

Reply 1 of 6, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Hater Depot wrote:

I was at the local big-box office supplies store with my wife this evening and saw that they were selling Radeon 9250's.... for $74.99 each.

Those better be yugoslavian dollars ahem 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 3 of 6, by Svenne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've seen loads of stuff like this on newegg.com. Just take a look at PCI cards or the $25-$50 price class. The weirdest thing I've seen is a GeForce 6200 for $164! According to the title it's a dual-GPU card with 4 VGA ports, but the picture shows a card with two DVI ports. Seems a bit fishy to me.
EDIT: I forgot to mention the $50 GeForce4 MX4000.Do companies really think people are that guillible?

Intel C2D 2.8 GHz @ 3.0 GHz | ASUS P5KPL | ASUS GTS250 1 GB | 4GB DDR2-800 | 500 GB SATA | Win 7 Pro/Ubuntu 9.10

Reply 4 of 6, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Svenne wrote:

I've seen loads of stuff like this on newegg.com. Just take a look at PCI cards or the $25-$50 price class. The weirdest thing I've seen is a GeForce 6200 for $164! According to the title it's a dual-GPU card with 4 VGA ports, but the picture shows a card with two DVI ports. Seems a bit fishy to me.
EDIT: I forgot to mention the $50 GeForce4 MX4000.Do companies really think people are that guillible?

It's not a question of gullibility. Those cards still cost a lot to manufacture even when they are based on an obsolete chip. There are still new Radeon 7000 and even Rage video cards being made and sold. Those cards aren't being marketed at gamers as much as they are people who just need a cheap video card for an older machine but don't want to risk the used market or pay $150 for a 9500GT PCI. Buying a brand new Rage video card with all the extras and a warranty is worth it for some people rather than taking a chance on a used card that comes with just the card, no cables or CD's and no warranty. Someone is buying them or they wouldn't be in production in the first place.

Reply 5 of 6, by Svenne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I suppose you're right, but I still can't grasp how an MX4000 can be more expensive than an 8400GS. The 8400 is superior in every way except maybe power consumption, but I still don't think it uses that much.

Intel C2D 2.8 GHz @ 3.0 GHz | ASUS P5KPL | ASUS GTS250 1 GB | 4GB DDR2-800 | 500 GB SATA | Win 7 Pro/Ubuntu 9.10

Reply 6 of 6, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ADDiCT wrote:

FYI: Yugoslavia ceased to exist in 2003, you may want to watch the news from time to time. The currency there is/was called "dinar".

I was obviously joking, guess you didn't catch that 😜
Actually, I still have 10 dinar laying around somewhere...cheaper to use it as a match then to buy a match 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!