VOGONS

"Your hard disk is full." FIFA 96

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by segasonic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!
I've found FIFA 96 on an old disc. Decompressed it in DOSBox 0.74, the files were ready. Started FIFA.BAT, the game worked, but there were no sound. I wanted to setup the sound, but when I open SETUP.BAT, i get this:
"Your hard disk is full. You need to delete some files before you can install this game."
I don't get it. There is more than 300GB free space. Tried the -freesize 500 when mounting too. Please, help if you can, 'cause this is really annoying.
Thank you!

Reply 1 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

You probably need to reinstall the game from the original disk

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 9, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
segasonic wrote:

Tried it, everything is the same.
Really can't understand this message... There is enough space to run the game, but not to setup the sound? What the...?

It depends on what amount of freesize DOSBox shows to itself.
Like you've tried with the parameter -freesize 500, which could be either too much or too low.

Klimawandel.

Reply 5 of 9, by segasonic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, for mounting, I'm using the autoexec session of the conf file. It looks like this:
[autoexec]
@ECHO OFF
MOUNT C M:\[GAMES]\DOS\
C:
CLS
ECHO 1994 rulez

When I tried Fifa96, I mounted manually because of the -freesize thing.
But I only use this method when I have to setup, install or modify something.
Usually I'm using shortcuts directly to the game's exe file.
I have a directory for the conf files, nearly every game has its own conf file, for the perfect working.

My version of Fifa96 is not the original, I just found it on an old cd with a few other games. I copied the fifa files to the auto-mounted dir, and started the install with Dosbox and Norton Commander. When its done, I can play with FIFA.BAT, but can't setup any option, because of the H.D. full message.
The CDROM.DAT contains: blah
That is funny anyway 🤣
There's no .ASF files in the SOUND folder, only .BNK, .PAR and .VIV.

Reply 6 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

that's why we usually don't bother with copied games... You'd need the original CD-Rom and reinstall and it would work.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 7 of 9, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I remember once i had a similar issue, not in dosbox but in real dos. I ended up discovering the files were set as read only for some reason... You have nothing to lose verifying

In real dos i would use the attrib command but im not sure it works in Dosbox.

You could just right click-properties on the game files in windows and see if they are set as read-only.

Reply 8 of 9, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Short: thread should be closed. We don't support Warez on VOGONS.

Long: I was a bad(der) boy when I was young. That's how I know what CLS (CLASS) is/was. I'm pretty sure those guys only did Windows games, it's entirely possible the DOS executable doesn't work at all. Also, those rips were faulty quite often in general, and would only work properly after using "fixes", or after manually editing config files, especially when the game has been unpacked to a different directory than the one intended by the crackers.