VOGONS

First post, by Glitchologteam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello there, I installed Atari 2600 Action Pack for Windows on Win 3.11 in Dosbox. Everything work well but the color in every game do not match the original atari 2600 games at all. It is blue in all game but seaquest.

It is supposed to be normal (Lazy Programming job for this compilation) or I have a true problem and those game colors should look like the original 2600 games?

Thanks

Reply 1 of 3, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Host os?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 3, by Glitchologteam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

my Computer is a Windows 7 64 bits computer but I think I found the solution.

On Virtual PC Win 98 SE: I do have the same color as in Win 3.11 on Dosbox (Blue shades)

On Vmware Windows 2000 host: The color are different and still do not match the original Atari 2600 Games

So, I came in the conclusion that its a lazy conversion job from Activision.

They say in the manual that ''the color might not look exactly like the original atari 2600 and they probaly use ''exactly'' LOOSELY)

Reply 3 of 3, by Servo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I used to have a copy of this, and the colors should be quite close to the original 2600 games; yeah, they're not exact but shouldn't be too far off. If I recall, this game required Windows be in 256 color mode otherwise the palette changes didn't work and you were left with really off colors. When you're trying this, is Windows set to a video mode with more than 256 colors? If so, that may be the problem.