VOGONS

First post, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Tested on both DosBOX 0.74 and even VituralBox running MS-DOS 6.22.

I don't know why, I used to run this on really old computers before and I don't remember it doing this. Also the game appears to hang the dynamic core so it must be run as "core=normal" and on a fixed cycle count. (I think it was like 10000 or something...)

This is one of the many games on my shareware CD (of which I have about like 3 other discs full of shareware\freeware\trialware stuff, though sadly most of it is win16 *shudders*) that I've tried to run in DosBOX and so far this one is giving me the most problems, any pointers anyone? Also worth mentioning you can't find this game anywhere else apparently. I tried to google search it myself to no avail. Seems to have been made by a demoscene group though. (maybe...)

It's nothing more than a "lightcycle" clone except with formula-1 cars and missile launchers. Not bad for a free game though considering the SVGA display mode and digitized music. According to the game's credits it uses the MikMod audio library.

Attachments

• Filename
    CRASH.7z
    File size
    405.85 KiB
    Downloads
    110 downloads
    File comment
    CRASH
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 1 of 2, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

It seems like the SB sound is slowed down in the gameplay screen (not in title screens) with sbtype=sb16, but normal with other sbtypes; however, you get stereo with sbtype=sbpro2, so that may be the best choice. Also works with gus=true and running the game like "crash -gus", but no stereo.

Reply 2 of 2, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Interesting... this must be a problem with MikMod then? Thanks for pointing this out! Also I think the reason why there's no stereo panning in GUS is because it's a protracker module, there's no panning information aside from "hard left" and "hard right" which were the Amiga Paula limitations.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων