VOGONS

First post, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For anyone who wants, here is the Apocalypse 3Dx driver CD filled with PowerVR treats.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6P0FARM3

On the CD is drivers for all 3 Apocalypse cards, the 3D, 3Dx and the 5D Sonic. There are also other goodies like patches, tech demos, game demos, utilities, tests, screen savers and wallpapers. Sorry, the infamous HeXen II: Continent of Blackmarsh is not on here, just the regular demo and patch.

apocalypse3dx_cd.jpg

apocalypse3dx.jpg

Reply 2 of 20, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
retro games 100 wrote:

bushwack, I like the quality of the photos you upload. What is the name of your camera? Thanks.

It's an old 4.1mp Sony S90. Think I paid $150 for it 3 or 4 years ago, nothing fancy really. Most of the time I take pics without flash, and a slight angle helps out to reduce that shiny effect from direct lighting.

This particular picture was taken on my desk with my desk lamp aimed halfway down and not directly onto the card. It was taken at night so that's about all I could do.

I'd like to get a [cheap] DSLR camera, maybe in the next 6 months since I'm starting a new job at the beginning of the year. I've been laid off about 8-9 this year. 😢

Reply 3 of 20, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I like how Quake2 and Jedi Knights (sic) demos are just urls to sites.

On the disc are super obscure games Moon Racer and Winter Race 3D. Moon Racer requires the card, haven't tried the Winter Race 3D one yet.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 20, by YCH

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
bushwack wrote:

On the CD is drivers for all 3 Apocalypse cards, the 3D, 3Dx and the 5D Sonic. There are also other goodies like patches, tech demos, game demos, utilities, tests, screen savers and wallpapers. Sorry, the infamous HeXen II: Continent of Blackmarsh is not on here, just the regular demo and patch.

Hey I just got my first taste of PowerVR today via a Matrox M3D. What's "infamous" about the Hexen II: Continent of Blackmarsh version of the game?

It came with my M3D. I'm rather surprised how nice it looks...

Reply 7 of 20, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

bushwack: is it okay, if I make a mirror of that driver disc ? I will not do it if you feel I am not allowed to do it. But if you think it is okay, then I will do it .

Reply 8 of 20, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
WolverineDK wrote:

bushwack: is it okay, if I make a mirror of that driver disc ? I will not do it if you feel I am not allowed to do it. But if you think it is okay, then I will do it .

Well, you could send a link to this forum. 😁 But sure, go ahead and spread the love.

Reply 10 of 20, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bushwack wrote:
WolverineDK wrote:

Well, you could send a link to this forum. 😁 But sure, go ahead and spread the love.

Thanks 😀 the love has been spread

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1M9RFE4U

Reply 11 of 20, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
YCH wrote:

Hah, I assume it's just hard to find nowadays?

Nowadays? More like ALWAYS!

Since it's a OEM version with a "Blackmarsh" subtitle which highly suggests that it contains pak0.pak only I suppose it might be okay. What interests me about it, is that it's a earlier build of the game than the earliest released demo. It isn't the same, there's a definite CRC mismatch.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 14 of 20, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
RaVeN-05 wrote:

Where i can find HeXen II: Continent of Blackmarsh?

It's always better to start a new topic instead of bumping an old one with a question that's not even on topic

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 15 of 20, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bushwack wrote:

For anyone who wants, here is the Apocalypse 3Dx driver CD filled with PowerVR treats.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6P0FARM3

bushwack, please can you re-upload this CD? I would really like a copy, please. Perhaps you could upload it to VogonsDrivers.com? Thanks a lot if possible.

Reply 16 of 20, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I notice in bushwack's original post, that his megaupload link of the NEC PowerVR Apocalypse 3Dx driver CD-ROM (dated 9/97) is broken, because of the recent problems with that website. I have version 3 (dated 6/97) of that CD-ROM, and I have made an .ISO copy of it, and uploaded it to the mediafire website. The mediafire download link is here.

bushwack, if you can do the same with your version 5 CD-ROM, that would be really awesome and very much appreciated! 😀 I could then remove my older dated .ISO image file, as it would be superceded by your more up-to-date version. Many thanks if possible.

PICT2851.JPG

Reply 17 of 20, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wow your zip is small. This probably doesn't have any demo bundle filler then.

BTW i've got all the PowerVR ISOs that popped up around here, if you're after the patches then I can throw those up. but i'm not uploading whole ISOs 🙁

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 19 of 20, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks very much people! The patches upload offer is very much appreciated. The 2 CD-ROMs sounds very interesting! (Keropi, please see my PM, thanks a lot.) Below is a listing of my version 3 CD.

3dx.jpg