VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by gazzzzz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I am French and I have been reconstituted an old PC under Windows 98 and I am has the search for 3dfx patch for the game "Destruction Derby 2".

I fell by chance on this site as well as the site of Glidos.

Glidos Work it with everything old games ?

If the one of you preserved this patch, it me interhook many.

thanks
Laurent.

ps : sorry for my bad english.

Pentium III 650MHz Intel CC820 - 512 SDRAM - ATI Rage 128pro AGP with 3DFX Voodoo 2 12Mo

Reply 1 of 11, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

i know dd2 has 2 exe files
dd2.exe and dd2h.exe perhaps one of them is the 3dfx version

I cant find a 3dfx patch anywhere so either its on the cd or the 3dfx version was bundled with a vid card and there was no normal version to 3dfx patch

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 2 of 11, by gazzzzz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I launch the game by the HiRes.exe but the game lag and it is very pixelized.
I have no memory that this game was also ugly when I played it the time.

at the time in 1995-2000 I played with a Cyrix 166+ 32Mo a Matrox Mystique and a 3DFX Voodoo 1 4Mo.

and destruction derby seemed to me so beautiful

Pentium III 650MHz Intel CC820 - 512 SDRAM - ATI Rage 128pro AGP with 3DFX Voodoo 2 12Mo

Reply 5 of 11, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It doesn't help that Destruction Derby 2 was 'ahead of the time' by having a brown palette like "nextgen" games of the past decade. This game was considered ugly in 1996 but somewhat acceptable now. 😀

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 6 of 11, by gazzzzz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jwt27 wrote:
gazzzzz wrote:

Are you using an LCD screen, by any chance? 😉

Yes, I use an LCD screen, an old and little LCD 15".

Reply 8 of 11, by gazzzzz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jwt27 wrote:

"Well, there's your problem"

OK thank you. I suspected it a little. I am going to try to find an old CRT screen.

I have installed the game ODT, and my question is the same that for Destruction Derby, a patch 3DFX exits for this game ?

google do not help me for that.

Reply 9 of 11, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gazzzzz wrote:
I launch the game by the HiRes.exe but the game lag and it is very pixelized. I have no memory that this game was also ugly when […]
Show full quote

at the time in 1995-2000 I played with a Cyrix 166+ 32Mo a Matrox Mystique and a 3DFX Voodoo 1 4Mo.

There was a special edition of Destruction Derby 2 for the Matrox Mystique card, maybe you were playing that one.

Reply 10 of 11, by gazzzzz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lolo799 wrote:
gazzzzz wrote:
I launch the game by the HiRes.exe but the game lag and it is very pixelized. I have no memory that this game was also ugly when […]
Show full quote

There was a special edition of Destruction Derby 2 for the Matrox Mystique card, maybe you were playing that one.

Yes, I think so that Destruction Derby 2 was in the Matrox Mystique's bundle.

I'm searching now the patch for the game ODT if existing

Reply 11 of 11, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The Windows version seemed to have some missing stuff, like ability to choose arrow keys to accelerate and brake and some mysterious issues under Windows XP. That bundle version might at least have perspective correction on the textures, another lack on the regular DD2. There was also a multiplayer patch, but it was only low-res.