Trumpet setup w/ DOSBox

General information and assistance with DOSBox.

Trumpet setup w/ DOSBox

Postby kokakoda » 2012-5-18 @ 21:20

Firstly, I know it's unsupported etc. etc, but anyway...

Got DOSBox SVN running Win3.1, patched with the E2K support, and I'm trying to get it online. I've installed Trumpet WinSock, but I've no idea what settings to use to get it to do anything useful.

From what I've picked up here and elsewhere, I may need to set up a PPP server to bridge it. I'm on a Linux host, so that shouldn't be too much hassle.

Anyone point me in the right direction on this?
kokakoda

Re: Trumpet setup w/ DOSBox

Postby Jorpho » 2012-5-19 @ 17:27

I haven't tried this myself, but since you're running Linux I think the easiest way to go might be to use Twinsock in DOSBox with tshost running in Linux. There's an example of someone doing something similar (albeit in a slightly more roundabout way) at http://virtuallyfun.superglobalmegacorp.com/?p=376 (which unfortunately seems to be down at the moment).

There's more instructions relating to Trumpet at http://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17070 .
Jorpho
l33t++

Postby kokakoda » 2012-5-19 @ 23:49

That's a step in the right direction Jorpho. Unfortunately it looks like that's only relevant to Qemu though.

It was the betaarchive link that led me to ask here.

Cheers for the Twinsock info anyway, that's something to check out.
kokakoda

Postby Jorpho » 2012-5-20 @ 00:11

The key thing is that DOSBox (plain vanilla DOSBox, no NE2000 necessary) emulates a modem that will initiate a network connection with ATDT [IP Address]. Specifically, if you precede it with ATNET1, your terminal program will act as a Telnet client.
viewtopic.php?t=4328
Jorpho
l33t++

Postby lucky7456969 » 2012-5-22 @ 11:17

kokakoda wrote:Firstly, I know it's unsupported etc. etc, but anyway...

Got DOSBox SVN running Win3.1, patched with the E2K support, and I'm trying to get it online. I've installed Trumpet WinSock, but I've no idea what settings to use to get it to do anything useful.

From what I've picked up here and elsewhere, I may need to set up a PPP server to bridge it. I'm on a Linux host, so that shouldn't be too much hassle.

Anyone point me in the right direction on this?

From my experience, if you need to go online, assuming the internet, www etc
First you need megabuild6, set NIC IRQ=9, detect your NIC, then install winpcap, install the ne2000 0x60 and winpkt 0x60 from the autoexec section, lastly, you need to run trumpet winsock from windows 3.1. I don't know if it is necessary, you need to set your router to allow traffic of dosbox to pass thru by port forwarding. I am unable to attach things here
lucky7456969
Oldbie

Return to DOSBox General