VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by lucky7456969

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
Please accept my apologies. It's me again.
I have 2 questions
1)
Where is the thread which discusses how to use the parallel port of dosbox megabuild? And also how can it pass thru to the usb port?

2)
If i have a booted image for netware server? the server will have an ipx address. But megabuild will have only an ip address which corresponds to the tcp/ip protocol. I can't remember how this exchanging works.
Do I first install some software in the booted image that converts the ipx address to the ip address then passes thru to winipap?
how does the tunneling server work? can i avoid all these setups when i use this piece of software?
Thanks
Jack

Reply 2 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
lucky7456969 wrote:

Please accept my apologies. It's me again.
Where is the thread which discusses how to use the parallel port of dosbox megabuild? And also how can it pass thru to the usb port?

I beg your pardon, but instead of apologizing, why not try searching? 😒 (Try the keyword "reallpt".)

And USB parallel port adapters are pretty much only good for printing and nothing else.

Reply 3 of 4, by lucky7456969

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've read some posts in this forum about parallel port passthrough, they mean to use porttalk
but porttalk was a product of several years ago in history. Can it be used it on windows 7 x64?
Sorry, i have searched google, but i don't know why the results seem to be very messy
I've gone over several pages, but nothing looked useful to me.
Thanks