VOGONS

First post, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm looking for steering wheel small enough to fit into my laptop backpack. I found this one controller:

Nintendo 64 Ultra Racer Controller.

Which should fit my purpose.

Too bad the Ultra Racer PC version is very hard to find, so I guess I have to stick with the Nintendo 64 version, which is quite abundant on ebay.

However, it's an N64 controller, so I have to use Nintendo 64 to USB converter.

Anyone experienced using Nintendo 64 controller on PC? Will it be less accurate? What kind of quirks should I expect?

Last edited by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman on 2012-07-25, 04:38. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 8, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Why is my URL tag above broken?

Because there's a line break between the opening tag and closing tag.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 3 of 8, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Fixed, thanks.

So, back to the topic, will using such converter reduce the accuracy of the controller? Also, any quirks should I expect?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 4 of 8, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think that it should work after all aren't the controllers on the N64 early usb ports? Might be just 1.0 or 1.1 but unsure.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 5 of 8, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

N64 predated the USB standard.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 6 of 8, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

N64 predated the USB standard.

Yep.

nforce4max wrote:

I think that it should work after all aren't the controllers on the N64 early usb ports? Might be just 1.0 or 1.1 but unsure.

I don't think so. That's why I have to use N64 to USB converter.

But this is the first time I'm using converter (any converter). What kind of problem should I expect?

Reply 7 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I have used the adaptoid usb converter for a long time and haven't experienced bad behavior with my n64 controller under Windows xp and OS X. I only ran Windows 7 for a short time before switching to OS X and have no memory of having used the controller on that.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 8 of 8, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dominus wrote:

I have used the adaptoid usb converter for a long time and haven't experienced bad behavior with my n64 controller under Windows xp and OS X. I only ran Windows 7 for a short time before switching to OS X and have no memory of having used the controller on that.

I see, thanks!