VOGONS

First post, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here's an sb16 I bought, but found problems with it in my p4 board, where another sb16 works fine.

I've not found this one on stason, it seems to have a lot of jumpers along the bottom. Wondering if anyone might know what they do, in case something has been set up wrong. I should probably retest it now I seem to have the motherboard set up right, but any information would be useful. 😀

Doesn't appear to have a ct number so I guess it could have been aimed at oem's?

Attachments

• Filename
    IMGP0647.JPG
    File size
    144.31 KiB
    Downloads
    335 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 8, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The nearest I've found is this, which is also a multi-cd sb16 but not the same layout and the jumpers are labelled differently:

http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/sound-cards-multi … R-16-MCD-A.html

Reply 4 of 8, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
TheMAN wrote:

... but it looks like it is a knock off card... creative doesn't build the cards in that style

I hadn't thought of that. Eyeballing the pictures on stason, it could be a mediaforte card. This one has a similar name and jumper labelling though it's obviously not the same card:

http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/sound-cards-multi … rd-SF16FMP.html

I had thought those creative chips made it a creative card 😜.

Reply 6 of 8, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's a Media Forte card. They used lots of Creative components, sometimes Roland and ICS for wavetable...

The cards were called SoundForte, hence the SF in the card name.

Reply 7 of 8, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is there a chance it might be less noisy than a real creative board?

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 8 of 8, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

ratfink, I'm confused... you tried this in a P4 - Pentium 4 - motherboard? Is that an industrial motherboard? Or a rare conventional ISA-"slotted" motherboard? Or with some sort of PCI to ISA bridge?

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers