VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Filosofia

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello does anybody knows whats the best resolution to view Vogons threads?
Maximum I can get is 1366*768 and sometimes I need to use horizontal slide to be able to read the end of the phrases posts.

Its an onboard Geforce 6100 that shares 256MB and the monitor is ASUS VH192, do I have any form of getting higher resolutions? Or is it a problem with the browser, I have Firefox 15 on Windows XP.

Thanks.

BGWG as in Boogie Woogie.

Reply 1 of 15, by Svenne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

1366x768 is the highest resolution that your monitor can display, so there's nothing you can do about it except for getting a higher-res monitor. Sorry.

Intel C2D 2.8 GHz @ 3.0 GHz | ASUS P5KPL | ASUS GTS250 1 GB | 4GB DDR2-800 | 500 GB SATA | Win 7 Pro/Ubuntu 9.10

Reply 3 of 15, by Joey_sw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

640x480 if you have win 9(x)

the problem with larger resolution is the small image of "Edit" & "Quote" that you might need,
otherwise use the browser zoom function (& text size adjustment).

-fffuuu

Reply 4 of 15, by Filosofia

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok thanks, the 800x600 kinda works but the text becomes blurry and the headache is near. Actually I tried 1024*768 and 1280 too, but the native resolution is the only one decent enough. The text size adjustment seems to have no effect on the forum, although in other sites it works. I'll just have to slide my way through the posts.

Reply 5 of 15, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's the trade-off with LCD screens. They look great at their native resolution, but they ONLY look good at their native resolution.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 6 of 15, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Some people like to post absurdly high-resolution images of stuff.

I actually find when I try to view the site at 1080p on my 37" LCD that the color scheme makes the site very difficult to read.

Reply 7 of 15, by Joey_sw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ah, you right if the Vogons style were applied, text adjustment size wont work somehow,
but if you change the "Page Style" into 'No Style', it look somewhat uglier but text size adjustment would works.

-fffuuu

Reply 8 of 15, by Filosofia

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

To me, after a while the color scheme is a part of the forum and I just don't feel the same.
Changing the text size would not help anyway because I'm stuck with the native LCD resolution.
No big issue, I'll slide when needed, just thought I wasn't doing things properly.

😎

Reply 10 of 15, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:

Some people like to post absurdly high-resolution images of stuff.

I actually find when I try to view the site at 1080p on my 37" LCD that the color scheme makes the site very difficult to read.

not necessarily "like to", just either too lazy or too stupid to down res their pics to a sane size... just not long ago, someone posted huge pics in the "just bought retro hardware" thread that made me having to scroll horizontally, on my 1920x1200 monitor!!! 😠

if you don't know how to or don't want to down res the pics using simple and free graphics editors, then use the "QUAL" button on your camera to take low res pics FFS!

Reply 12 of 15, by sebaz_ri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
GXL750 wrote:

My laptop's display is 1024x768 and this site looks just fine.

I agree with GXL750. My VGA monitor is 17" CRT and it looks perfect, it seems it was somehow 1024x768 optimized because at 800x600 i have to scroll horizontally

2611708.png